Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:29:51 PM

Author Topic: Using Mach 3...  (Read 7638 times)

Using Mach 3...
« on: March 19, 2013, 05:33:52 PM »
Please help me!!!
I’m trying to use Mach3 in all of his capability…so I’m learning a lot from this...but I’m on stall now because:
First issue
My 4th axes, homemade, works well using  MPG MODE  and it goes homing very well… but on the DRO I just read values from 0 (home position settled by switch) to 100 and not 0 to 360 degrees as expected. The number 100 are  correct it is the numbers of rotations of the motor for turning one turn of the entire system due to his  reduction ratio  1:100. If I revers the rotation sense, on the jog, I can read from 360 to 0 degrees!!! I inverted the rotation of the motor in “Homing” and the situation was inverted!!!!
Second issue
I would like to read the spindle speed and for that I’m using an Honeywell reflective sensor HOA0708/0709 who is recognized by Mch3, I puttied it in front of a 6mm square reflecting  strip Mach3 on ” Automated setup of inputs”,  on the right pin number of my second parallel port but…I can’t read any value on the RPM window screen just I see the value on the spindle CWF5 running continuously and very fast!
NOW the question is: WHERE I’M WRONG?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Using Mach 3...
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2013, 06:58:13 PM »
I am not really understanding what your problems are I am afraid.
Can you try and explain them again, also attaching your xml may help understand what you are meaning.
Hood
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2013, 07:06:44 PM »
Hi Hood
I don't know how to find the HML...At moment it is in anothercomputer...I have a vague idea it is in a folder program don't you? So..I would like to read in a proper windows
1. Degrees when the 4Th Axe move
2. RPM when spindle run...
It seams all the pins are corretly setled becouse:
1. The motor of the 4tH axe move and go to home position.
2 Mach3 know the signal arriving from the reflective sensor...
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2013, 07:30:18 PM »
Maybe the file is this?

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2013, 11:46:57 PM »
I didnt download and check what you posted but Hood is needing your XML file.  It will be in your Mach 3 root folder (C:/Mach3) and will have the .xml extension and share the name as the profile you use.  Mach3mill.xml for example.  Make sure it has a unique name because the forum will not allow 2 files uploaded with the same name.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2013, 04:01:12 AM »
That is a backup xml that you attached and doesnt have the A Axis enabled in it.
If I am understanding what you are meaning then it sounds like your steps per unit may be set wrong for the A Axis.
Regarding the spindle speed readout, are you telling Mach the spindle has started, either by pressing spindle button or having M3 or M4 in code or MDI line? If not then Mach will not output a spindle speed reading as it doesnt know the spindle has been started.
Hood
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2013, 05:41:03 PM »
Thanks Chaoticone....I'll do it as I can...Because now I'm in my country house and my shop is in my town...! Anyway Dear Hood My A axis is enabled correctly. It works well using the pendant but. I read on the DRO just value from 0 to 100 corresponding exactly to the reduction between the motor and the chuck! I'm expecting to read 0 to 360 degree as I can read only when the system turn inverse of the calibration sense!!! Per ex I place CW...I read on the DRO from 0 to 100...if I invert the rotation sense, CCW, by pendant I can read on the DRO value from 359° to 0°.
 I have just positioned the Honeywell reflective sensor in front of a reflecting strip and when the spindle started his rotation I made an Automated setup of inputs and the input in the correct pin where recognized by Mach3...but no RPM value appeared..! I read 0. If I  understand well is impossible to use the RPM window on Mach3 as a RPM indicator as it is...!
Thanks for Your helping....and a BIG patience with Me....

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2013, 07:35:19 PM »
Ok not sure what is happening with your A Axis, if you attach your xml I will be able to see what you have set and hopefully can see a problem.
The RPM will, or should work but you have to tell Mach the spindle is running for Mach to start looking at the index signal. Simply calling a M3 in your code will do it or pressing the Spindle button on screen will also do it.
Hood
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2013, 08:30:49 AM »
WE GOT!!!!

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2013, 10:32:14 AM »
Try with 555.5555 in the motor tuning for the A axis and see if that helps.
That is going on your figures of 100:1 reduction and an assumption that you are using a 1.8 degree stepper with 10 microstepping drive.
ie 200 x 10 x 100 =200,0000 steps per rotation, as a rotation is 360 degrees then steps per unit(degree) is 200,000/360 = 555.55555555

Hood