Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 10:10:58 AM

Author Topic: Galil Slave Axis  (Read 21156 times)

Re: Galil Slave Axis
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2014, 03:46:00 PM »
I have a system that is using the current version of Mach3 vs 3.043.066 and the Galil Std Version Plug in v.s. 4.6 Using a Galil Dmc 1842 PCI Controller

I am using this in an application that requires two motors to run the horizontal axis (x) and two motors to run the vertical axis (y)

I have X MAPPED TO X(A)   Y TO Y(B)   A TO Z(C)  B TO W(D)

I then have A slaved to X and B slaved to Y

All is well and the motors move as they should however when running a MDI command, or a simple 4 line program, the program or command will go into feedhold mode.

The problem (I think) is when the RESET button is depressed the CPU goes to 97 to 100% and I think is it overloading the CPU and shutting it down.  If I try a different plug in then the cpu is at 5-7% but I can not get the 4 axis to move correctly. Only the X and Y axis will move.

Please advise on a version of mach or a plug in that will fix my issue.

Thank you in adavance for your response.
Re: Galil Slave Axis
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2014, 03:50:32 PM »
I have a system that is using the current version of Mach3 vs 3.043.066 and the Galil Std Version Plug in v.s. 4.6 Using a Galil Dmc 1842 PCI Controller
I am using this in an application that requires two motors to run the horizontal axis (x) and two motors to run the vertical axis (y)
I have X MAPPED TO X(A)   Y TO Y(B)   A TO Z(C)  B TO W(D)
I then have A slaved to X and B slaved to Y

All is well and the motors move as they should however when running a MDI command, or a simple 4 line program, the program or command will go into feedhold mode.

The problem (I think) is when the RESET button is depressed the CPU goes to 97 to 100% and I think is it overloading the CPU and shutting it down.  If I try a different plug in then the cpu is at 5-7% but I can not get the 4 axis to move correctly. Only the X and Y axis will move.

Please advise on a version of mach or a plug in that will fix my issue.

Thank you in adavance for your response.