Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 08:26:44 PM

Author Topic: Changing step pulse waveform in Mach3?  (Read 2746 times)

Offline JBL

•  1 1
    • View Profile
Changing step pulse waveform in Mach3?
« on: March 18, 2013, 05:28:28 AM »
Hello,

I use the IDX 7505 stepper motor driver from Trinamic. For every step this driver needs just one edge for each step of the motor. But Mach3 generates for every step an impulse of a constant length, that means there are two edges for each step. So I need a step signal that changes from low to high for the first step, changes back to low for the second step, changes back to high for the third step...I hope you understand. Is there any posibility to change the waveform of the step signal in this way?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Changing step pulse waveform in Mach3?
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2013, 06:26:37 AM »
Tried using sherline mode and setting your steps per unit accordingly?
Not sure if it will work but is worth a try.
Hood

Offline stirling

•  2,188 2,188
  • UK
    • View Profile
    • www.razordance.co.uk
Re: Changing step pulse waveform in Mach3?
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2013, 06:55:04 AM »
I use the IDX 7505 stepper motor driver from Trinamic. For every step this driver needs just one edge for each step of the motor. But Mach3 generates for every step an impulse of a constant length, that means there are two edges for each step. So I need a step signal that changes from low to high for the first step, changes back to low for the second step, changes back to high for the third step...I hope you understand. Is there any posibility to change the waveform of the step signal in this way?

You sure you're not getting confused? According to your manual... Page 27...

A step is triggered by the positive going edge of the signal

Doesn't say anything about stepping on alternate edges as far as I can see.