Hello Guest it is April 20, 2024, 12:55:02 AM

Author Topic: Kinematic control  (Read 5550 times)

Kinematic control
« on: February 06, 2007, 10:09:05 PM »
I have an older s 420 f rh fanuc robot. It's in great shape other than the age of the controller...

Will Mach control the robot using fanuc's drives and amps?
Hey THANKS 4 all the help in advance. I'll need more than you'll ever expect!!!

www.cravenpottery.com

Offline chad

•  361 361
  • When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
    • View Profile
Re: Kinematic control
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2007, 01:52:33 PM »
Not yet for a couple of reasons. First mach outputs step and direction and i am guessing that the servo drives want 0 to 10 for a input. This is being worked on by using a Galil motion control card.
Second mach doesn't support kinematics yet. It is in the pipe line but it is a long ways out.

Chad
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2007, 06:46:55 PM »
My mach 3 supports servos? I guess I shoud have asked would mach 3 control fanuc amps, drives, and motors on a robot without kinematics? I will worry about programing motion after i get it talking.

Thanks,
Marc

www.cravenpottery.com

Offline chad

•  361 361
  • When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2007, 09:42:48 PM »
To properly answer this you need to find the model and spec of the servo drive amps and upload it here. After that we can look and see what would be the best way to get it running. More than likely we could come up with some way to get mach controlling the axis.

Chad

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2007, 08:04:58 AM »
 ;)

I have a Galil 18x2 and a PCI-2 card which I used to assemble a router table 48x96x24(z). I am running CamSoft on it.
 So I bought a set-up from low cost retrofits, and then the Mach 3. After looking into the Mach 3 program I just assumed it would work just like the CamSoft... I have not gotten my other stuff from LCR but I am assuming the servo tuning will be based with there software... CamSoft can tune the PID'S, and you can als use Galil's WSDK to tune them. So I am guessing the tuning will be on the LCR set-up software...

Which this might be the only problem?

Kinematic motion can be written with http://www.kinematics.com/products/educational/robotassist/index.html I have this program and it will do the caculations via my input, spaceball training, and a few other ways... I am still reading up on this...

I also believe I can write a g-code program notepad after placing the machine in it's true home. I am only going to have 2 basic jobs for it...
job ones program will have 153 destinations
job two will have 228 destinations...

It will be doing this over and over..
I am  seeking the different control 1 haven't found a manual 2 not really interested in learning a new computer language 3 Kfloppy is a program I need and I can not find it either 4 I think that g-code style programing is really easy 5 it's a challange

I did find a few of the manuals and they are what I need to find the information such as Voltages, amprages, and pin-outs....

Lets keep this subject alive in hopes someone who has tried it or is doing it will come along...

Thanks CHAD for the insight....

Later
Marc

www.cravenpottery.com