Hello Guest it is April 25, 2024, 01:08:44 PM

Author Topic: Pokeys 65U and the Yaskawa Control panel/pendant  (Read 26161 times)

Offline Bloy

•  158 158
    • View Profile
Pokeys 65U and the Yaskawa Control panel/pendant
« on: March 12, 2013, 09:26:29 AM »
This thread is dedicated to interfacing and configuring CNC4PC's Pokeys 65U coreboard with the Yaskawa pendant and Mach3.

I have one of these Yaskawa panels and recently purchased the CNC4PC coreboard and will be learning how to most fully utilize the pendant's controls with the pokeys 65U.

The products can be seen here:
http://www.cnc4pc.com/Store/osc/product_info.php?cPath=40&products_id=361
http://www.cnc4pc.com/Store/osc/product_info.php?cPath=40&products_id=557 

« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 03:41:03 AM by NeoTO »

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
Re: Pokeys 65U and the Yaskawa Control panel/pendant
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2013, 08:19:59 PM »
Hey Bloy,

Ask Aurturo, but I built a plugin for the pokeys and that pendant a while back, (the old Pokeys plugin).

Scott
fun times

Offline Bloy

•  158 158
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2013, 11:33:28 AM »
Thanks Scott,

I'll inquire about that.   Right now I'm just setting up Mach3 with a compact Dell optiplex vista machine my wife brought home from work....they upgrade now and then.  Also I'm delayed due to the annual spring thaw....which (on a positive note) cleans the basement floor.  ;)

Heh! How far can I get from this thread's subject?  Well,  I just got done chiseling deeper the sump well to get a lower removal and help keep the water table below the basement floor.

Soon I will focus on this project.

John
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 11:40:17 AM by Bloy »

Offline Bloy

•  158 158
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2013, 03:08:26 PM »
Hello NeoTO,
 I'm not quite sure what files I need to install from pokeys to get the Yaskawa up and running.  I see that one instruction tells me to download the latest version of Mach3 while another indicates to use the 3.042.040 version.   Could you shed some light on just what I should be installing as far as firmware, plugins, brains, XMLs, etc?
From what I understand, this hardware pokeys56U core motherboard to be installed in existing Yaskawa panels is not the same as the one preinstalled in the complete units, which may be the confusion I am experiencing as to the required files.

Also, you have mentioned a newer version of the Mach3 plugin that may be coming out at the end of this month.?  Hows that going?

Please advise...

Thanks much!

John(Bloy)
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 03:11:40 PM by Bloy »

Offline Bloy

•  158 158
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2013, 11:54:11 AM »
NeoTO.....forget about my last post....I worked through that stage with some success.
Here is a picture of the panel powered.  Ain't she pretty?
As I get familiar with Pokeys, I will show and describe the details of installation.

My machine(router) doesn't have all the bells and whistles...yet, so I can't make use of all the functions.  Hopefully a VFD and matching spindle will be able to be next removed from my wish list.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 12:07:53 PM by Bloy »

Offline Bloy

•  158 158
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2013, 04:18:51 PM »
With the new version of Pokeys, along with the integrated Mach3Plugin, a few things are different.
The Older XML file that is to be imported into the pokeysMach3 Plugin does not fully function and Pokeys warns so before continuing the import.  In fact, placing some older brains causes functions to break.
One thing that I want to understand is how to get the LCD activated, which worked fine when I first insatlled the older versions.
I could go back, but I want to learn what is going on with the newer version as many things DO work without any XML import, such as the MPG.

When Mach3 is first started, with the matrix visible on the Yaskawa's LCD, a splash screen pops up on it for a second and disappears and the LCD screen goes blank, remaining so until I unplug the USB connection and reinsert. The LCD matrix comes back but all communication with Mach3 is lost until restarting mach3 and then things repeat themselves.

Here is a pic sequence of what happens within a second:

Now I found this in the older Brains to be installed:

See the macropump named file?  It is an m1s file.   What is that doing in the Brains.  I can only think maybe it needs to be placed elswhere, or the old XML called it from this location.

Here is the macropump.m1s viewed in wordpad:

The OEMDROs 800, 801, and 802 are those needed, i believe from Mach3.
So this macro (macropump.m1s) apparently has something to do with initiating LCD communications with Mach3 and the yaskawa panel.

....and why would it be called "macropump".  Is it using the macropump signal from Mach3 to activate the LCD functions in the yaskawa?

Normally many talk of the macro pump signal (or lack of) as a way to prevent unwanted initiation of machine functions.  Here I would say it is to activate the pendant's LCD.    
I'd like to learn what is going on here.   This Yaskawa is a great device to get to know Pokeys and how it communicates with Mach3.

Other than that, the pendant with the newer Pokeys has basic functions with a few leds either not working or misplaced.   I'd like to sort things out and get the pendant as fully functional as possible.  I'm in a dense fog here... :o

« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 04:34:23 PM by Bloy »
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2013, 05:16:03 PM »

Normally many talk of the macro pump signal (or lack of) as a way to prevent unwanted initiation of machine functions.  Here I would say it is to activate the pendant's LCD.    
Hi John,
You may be referring to the Charge Pump instead of the Macro Pump.
 :) Russ

Offline Bloy

•  158 158
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2013, 05:33:27 PM »

Hi John,
You may be referring to the Charge Pump instead of the Macro Pump.
 :) Russ

By golly, you're right, Russ!...   Now to read on in pokeys and see if a macropump in this case is not needed. Obviously, something is needed to be set/mapped/configured to initialize the LCD....and keep it initialized.   

I'm goin' to get this sooner or later....probably later. ;)
« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 05:45:38 PM by Bloy »
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2013, 05:52:59 PM »
Hey John,
   The Macropump runs constantly in the background. It executes whatever you put in it. Runs about 10 times per second.
Your macro looks like it copiess the axis DRO's to the pendant.
Looks like it also allows MDI entries also.
You can eithe copy and paste your data into the existing pump, or, if the one in your profile is empty, just replace the whole .m1s file.
It has to go in the proper macro folder too.
C/Mach3/macros/ Profile you are using /macros

Might help ... might not.
Cheers,
Russ

Offline Bloy

•  158 158
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2013, 06:06:20 PM »
Russ,

That helps.  I tested just now the MDI and it already functions.  I'll investigate the macro folders see where/if there is something relating to the Mach3 plugin and the Yaskawa.

Right now all macros that might pertain to the Yaskawa are in one folder.... the name "ROUTER", which is the profile name of this machine.

I don't see anything newer other than the one I changed to refcombination the axes when homing, since I installed the latest version of mach3 and made a new profile for teating.

Thanks,

John
« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 06:21:52 PM by Bloy »