Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 03:45:25 PM

Author Topic: DYI Rapid Prototyping  (Read 4364 times)

DYI Rapid Prototyping
« on: February 06, 2007, 02:12:10 AM »

ynneb

Re: DYI Rapid Prototyping
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2007, 03:46:28 PM »
Good idea, although That watch band he made with the glue nozzle, is pretty rough :)
I guess he is off to a good start, and it will evolve as time goes on.
I have read that they are experimenting making human body parts using similar methods.
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2007, 04:07:30 PM »
A DIY http://www.zcorp.com/ :)

The ones I have seen work like zcorp stuff... in an empty box it spreads and ultra-thin layer of powder, then inkjet prints a layer on it.  The ink bonds with the powder, and then it lays down another thin layer.  Basically like stacking sheets of paper on each other one at a time and cutting each one to form a 3D object.  Cool stuff!

Offline Graham Waterworth

•  2,668 2,668
  • Yorkshire Dales, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2007, 06:01:52 PM »
The very early ones used paper, they rolled glue, then laid paper on top, then cut the shape out with a laser, they did this over and over again until the final shape was complete.  They also had the advantage they could make hollow shapes without supports, funny how things move on, not always for the better.

Graham.
Without engineers the world stops

Offline chad

•  361 361
  • When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2007, 01:48:37 PM »
The z corp stuff is so cool! I want one so bad!  The diy one is also cool. I would try using a UV curable glue squirt a little hit it with some UV led and move on...

I don't like how he did the z. I would do a cnc router style z and keep the base stationary..

But very cool none the less..

Chad