Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 10:13:06 AM

Author Topic: Download Error  (Read 4317 times)

Download Error
« on: March 08, 2013, 06:31:59 PM »
Hello all.  Thanks in advance for any help.
I'm banging my head against a download error.  I'm trying to install Mach3.  I get almost to completion and then I get the following error:

Could not create uninstall shortcut:
C:/Documents and Settings/All users/Start Menu/Programs/Mach3/Uninstall Mach3.Ink

my only option here is to click OK and then I have to go through the whole process again with the same result every time.

I had hoped the installation file got corrupted but I deleted and reinstalled that with the same result.

I'm trying to install Mach3 on a dell Laptop running XP professional SP3 1.73 GHz pentium w 1 GB of Ram

I've done a google search of the error, and searched this forum for the same error to no avail.

I don't have a clue how to resolve this myself so I'm asking you guys.  Thanks again.

Pete

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: Download Error
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2013, 07:44:11 AM »
Hi Pete,

Welcome to the forum.

This is probably a pretty stupid answer but have you checked your 'C:/Documents and Settings/All users/Start Menu/Programs' for a Mach3 folder. If there is not one there then perhaps create a Mach3 folder and see if this solves the problem with the install.

If it still fails then perhaps try installing an earlier or later version of Mach3. ftp://machsupport.com/Mach/

Tweakie.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 07:46:18 AM by Tweakie.CNC »
PEACE
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2013, 01:44:43 PM »
Thanks very much for your reply Tweakie.  I had not checked that, but I did, and the folder does exist.  There is even an unistall subfolder there too.  I tried deleting them individually, and together and trying to reinstall. I still get the same error.  I also tried creating a folder on my desktop called Mach3 and installing it there.  I still get the same result.
Although everything else on the computer seems to work fine I'm starting to think that I've got a corrupted OS.  I don't know how else to explain it.  Thanks again, I'm glad to be here on the forum and can't wait to get past this problem and start using my cnc.
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2013, 08:38:16 PM »
Hello again Tweakie,
Your post got me moving in the right direction.  I thought that the error message I was getting was aborting the whole install.  However after looking for the folder as you suggested, I found that (apparently) everything had downloaded except for the uninstall shortcut.  So, I went ahead and opened the program and now I'm digging into the tutorials and Pdfs @ machsupport.
Thanks again for your reply.  I'm sure I'll be back again with another question.  Hopefully not too soon though......