Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 10:45:23 AM

Author Topic: mach 3 ??  (Read 4969 times)

Offline skaha

•  57 57
  • My first attempt
    • View Profile
mach 3 ??
« on: February 05, 2007, 11:20:22 PM »
I have been posting trying to figure out why mach 3 will not write my codes in inch format, however now I can not even use lazycam, as everytime I try and load a dxf file I get microsoft message to shut down and the screen goes blank. Not impressed.

Hood

Re: mach 3 ??
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2007, 02:33:48 AM »
 Sounds like you either have corruption or you have a programme that is interfering
Try saving your xml and any personalised files such as screensets, macros etc then delete the Mach3 folder and reinstall, once reinstalled then you can paste back your xml etc and your setttings will be back..
Hood

Offline skaha

•  57 57
  • My first attempt
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2007, 01:21:52 PM »
Thanks for the reply Hood, I am not very computer literate, by the xml file do you mean the profile and if so could you spell out the method of saving and re entering. Sorry for my ignorance, I just don't want to mess up. I have gone through the steps for optimizing xp but no change.
Thanks
Terry

Hood

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2007, 01:28:24 PM »
If you look in the Mach3 folder you will see a file called Mach3Mill.xml, that is assuming you dont have a custom profile set up, if you do the XML will have the name of that profile. Anyway all you do is right click on the xml and select copy, browse to some other location on your hard drives such as My Documents, Desktop or whatever and again right click in a blank space and this time select paste, that will be your xml copied :)
 If you have any custom screens or use keygrabber be sure to back them up in the same manner as you have just done with the xml.
Hood

EDIT
 forgot to say when you have reinstalled Mach just reverse the procedure to put your xml back into the Mach3 folder, you will be asked if you want to overwrite the default one, choose yes.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2007, 01:30:14 PM by Hood »