Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 05:10:23 AM

Author Topic: backlash comp, debounce settings  (Read 4324 times)

backlash comp, debounce settings
« on: March 04, 2013, 02:26:22 PM »
Does the ESS grab them from Mach... or do you need to enter those values in the ESS window?

Offline Jeff_Birt

•  1,107 1,107
    • View Profile
    • Soigeneris
Re: backlash comp, debounce settings
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2013, 07:08:02 AM »
The quick rule of thumb is if there is a place to change a setting in the SmoothStepper configuration then that is where it needs to be set. As I understand it there are a few settings that Mach does not notify a plug-in when the setting is changed so they were added to the SS config screen, the SS also allows you to set the 'debounce'/'noise filtering' by input type so you can have different settings for limit switches, than a probe, than EStop, etc.
Happy machining , Jeff Birt

Re: backlash comp, debounce settings
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2013, 09:26:52 AM »
That sounds positive.... I've had a bit of a possible noise problem. I never had random "limit switches triggered" until a few weeks ago. Since installing ESS it hasn't come up again... and I've set debounce in Mach to 0.

But... now I've been trying to use probe which I couldn't before... with ESS it now atleast recognizes probe... but probe stops after contact and doesn't move again. After reading some threads in this forum it seems it may be a noise problem. I'll try and see if I can't "tune" it in with ESS