Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 09:30:47 AM

Author Topic: newbie needs some advice please.  (Read 5852 times)

newbie needs some advice please.
« on: March 03, 2013, 04:22:27 PM »
Hi. all. Just setting up a new Chinese Machine running Mach 3. The CNC came with some animal samples to make. When I load any of them into Mach 3 and press the run button the gantry travels nearly all the way to the back end of the macihine and too far to the right causing me to have to stop the machine. It is obviously heading to a point to start the program but I can't figure out how to change the initial movement to the back and right of the machine. My CNC is a small one ,(900 x 600 cutting area). Can you tell me where the parameters are located to change this?????. Haven't set up homing etc yet. Does not matter where I manually put the machine to start. Even fully forward and to the left as far as I can go. The machine still heads to the same place. It's doing my head in! :'(   Ronnie.
Re: newbie needs some advice please.
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2013, 05:26:06 PM »
did you zero the dro's where you want the cutter to start?

Or is the drawing your cutting centered in the x0y0z0 fashion?
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2013, 06:57:25 PM »
Hi. Jonny.   I can manually move the head anywhere and hit the zero's, but when I press the run button the machine heads off to the same position anyway from wherever the head is at the time.  Don't know how to set the drawing in another position.eg centre. This is unfortunately my first experience with a CNC.

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2013, 07:31:22 PM »
Have you refrenced the machine?  If you hit the ref all button do your leds turn green around the zero axis buttons?

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2013, 08:16:32 PM »
Hi. Brett. No. I have not referenced the machine. Is that the problem?  Ronnie.

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2013, 08:21:58 PM »
I would try it and see.  Ref all, then jog to starting position and zero the dros by clicking on the button beside them and see if that does better.

Brett

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2013, 09:04:31 PM »
Thanks Brett. I'll give that a try and let you know how I get on....Regards...Ronnie :)
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2013, 10:46:41 PM »
Wellllllll. I tried that and when I press the ref home button the z axis starts going up and hits the sensor which stops it and the counter keeps right on counting into the pluses and ignores  zero alltogether so I'm completely confused because I have set parameters as came with the machine and even sourced from the mach 3 website In config Homing the figure set is 00000 so can't understand why it would ignore that. I've been trying to make this work for a week and must confess that a hammer is looking like a good option.  ;D >:D

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2013, 11:08:43 PM »
Sounds like Mach isnt seeing your home switch. 

Brett

Re: newbie needs some advice please. Still one problem.
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2013, 10:44:40 PM »
Hi. all. First of all Thanks to Brett for your help. I'm still having one issue. I downloaded Photo Carve trial software and it loads no problem. But the image is still beyond the travel of the machine. I bring the head right up towards me and to the extreme left and set all to Zero. When I press the go button the machine heads way over to the right hand side an barely gets to the left hand side of the image but can't travel any further because it's run out of table. This is also happening with everything else I load even from the G codes in the mach 3 files. How can I change this so it works properly.??? I've been trying to get this to work for two weeks now and I'm ready to give up. Frustrated Ronnie. :'(