Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:11:16 PM

Author Topic: Adding a button to bring up the jog screen  (Read 3316 times)

Adding a button to bring up the jog screen
« on: February 05, 2007, 03:44:27 AM »
Hi
 I am new to Mach, I am setting up a system with a touch screen. Could someone point me in the right direction as to how I can make my own screen set. (I would like to emulate the Hurco control that I am used to using). But to start with if I could edit the standard screen. I guess this is not to hard as others have made their own sets. In particular I would like a button that brings up the jog control (Tab).
Cheers
Toby (UK)

Hood

Re: Adding a button to bring up the jog screen
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2007, 01:13:37 PM »
Open the screenset in Screen4, place a button where you want and set its properties as OEM Code 50.
Hood

Hood

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2007, 01:15:01 PM »
Oh, and for making a new screenset have a look at the video for screen4 and also the ones that Benny has done on designing LEDs and Buttons.

Hood
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2007, 04:15:41 AM »
Hi Thanks for the help. I had no idea there is a screen designer included. Could you also tell me were I can get info on MPG jog control hardware.
Thanks again.
Toby

Hood

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2007, 01:20:30 PM »
You only need a MPG, no other hardware is required, well that is as long as you have two spare input pins. If you dont have enough you can fit a second parallel port into your computer by getting a PCI parallel port card. MPGs can be had from varying places, Ron Rogers at www.rogersmachine.net sells one, also a guy on this forum makes ones which have extra buttons incorporated in them.
 Hood