Hello Guest it is April 25, 2024, 12:56:17 AM

Author Topic: Modbus Slave simulator  (Read 23422 times)

Modbus Slave simulator
« on: March 01, 2013, 10:48:53 AM »
Anyone have a recommendation for a Modbus slave simulator program to work in conjunction with Mach Modbus?
Preferably freebie!.
 N.
Re: Modbus Slave simulator
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2013, 03:24:16 PM »
There are (2)ModBus programs that run on the "Arduino" posted in this ModBus forum section of the Mach3 Forum, free and in the public domain.
I am not sure what else you may be referring to. The "Arduino" is the copyright name of a large family of CPU boards that was designed by a group of high-tech computer experts in Italy. Google the name, and it will direct you to the main website.

Arduino boards cost from $30 to $80 depending upon the designed usage, and communicate with a PC through the USB port. Some versions also use the Ethernet protocol. There are also quite a few Arduino boards built under license, using the Arduino IDE.
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2013, 03:50:49 PM »
Thanks, but I need a Modbus s/w slave simulator to load into a laptop in order for it to appear as a Modbus device to Mach.
N. 

Offline stirling

•  2,188 2,188
  • UK
    • View Profile
    • www.razordance.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2013, 06:15:36 AM »
Have you tried any of these  ;D

Cheers

Ian
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2013, 08:29:01 AM »
I love it Ian, lol... too funny

just so others understand, he used "let me google that for you":
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=modbus+simulator
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 08:43:19 AM by Ya-Nvr-No »
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2013, 10:27:36 AM »

I love it Ian, lol... too funny

Ooh You are just one bundle of laughs ::)
My request was for a RECOMMENDATION! from someone that had actually used any, rather than wade through the LIST!

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2013, 11:05:12 AM »
It was not anything more than, never seen that website before and thought it a cool & funny way to linked it.

Offline stirling

•  2,188 2,188
  • UK
    • View Profile
    • www.razordance.co.uk
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2013, 12:30:30 PM »
Hi Nosmo - my apologies - 'twas just my little joke (albeit one that got slightly kicked into touch.... oops better not annoy anyone else.... two apologies in one day would be to much... BTW where's MY apology from all those that deeply upset ME when they took the piss over Sysiphus - you KNOW who you are >:D)

Anyway - moving on in the spirit of peace and harmony... Any more info on your requirements for the sim? - it can be as simple as a bit of CB Mach side and a VB script on the laptop - in fact in some cases you don't even need a second machine - depends on exactly WHAT functionality you need.

Ian  :-*

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2013, 01:06:38 PM »
BTW where's MY apology from all those that deeply upset ME when they took the piss over Sysiphus - you KNOW who you are >:D)

Ian, please accept my deepest and most sincere apologies for taking the piss with you over Sysiphus.  I had no intentions on making your miseries bare down on your get worsers.  I'm sorry I hurt your feel bad, I truly am.  But in my defense, it was a simple misunderstanding.  I just wanted to know what made the guy tougher?  The stone or middle school?  I mean really, with a name like that........ I think my question has merit.   ;D
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!

Offline stirling

•  2,188 2,188
  • UK
    • View Profile
    • www.razordance.co.uk
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2013, 01:35:20 PM »
Well Brett - seeing as how you put it so nicebly I might be able (in time) to forgive you - not so sure about the others though. That said WTF is wrong with the name Sysiphus - why some of my best friends (ney - ALL of my best friends) are called Sysiphus. OK so I only have two friends (well nearly anyway) and neither of them are ACTUALLY called Sysiphus but that's beside the point.... ;D

Ian