Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:04:08 PM

Author Topic: Odd Graphics  (Read 7202 times)

Odd Graphics
« on: February 27, 2013, 12:26:24 PM »
Hi,

Just paid my money and loaded the licence - no problems.

Put in my test project of a rectangular pocket with a series of holes around it. I use the metric system and using an 8mm tool. Graphic for the pocket looks fine but the holes are way out in Z. It looks like the graphics for the drilling are in inches not mm. The code looks fine though. My project file is attached. At least I tried to upload my file but the forum does not recognise the .job extension.

Cheers,

Mike

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
Re: Odd Graphics
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2013, 12:36:26 PM »
Give me a few mintues and try to up load the file again please.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2013, 12:36:26 PM »
Hi,

I've uploaded a screen shot of the graphic.

Mike

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2013, 12:39:28 PM »
The .job file extension should have been allowed.  Maybe the name was not unique?

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2013, 12:43:47 PM »
OK, I'll try again.

Worked this time - strange!

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2013, 06:49:52 PM »
You are correct Mike . IF you use the inch equivalent to the metric values it displays correctly. I loaded your file and tested.

(;-) TP

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2013, 07:41:08 PM »
Ron IF you load up mikes job file you will see some of th estrange things when you try to manipulate the tools in that job. I get crazy numbers in the feed/speed section and messages about chip load needs to be more than .0001 when they clearly are.

Just a thought, (;-) TP
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2013, 08:57:28 PM »
Yeah, several strange things here. I think the long Z values are a toolpath bug, the code has the -10 as specified. I will have to get Brian to look at that.

The funny tool chip loads is something I have seen, but cannot nail down the conditions under which it happens.

I  like the job file for debugging purposes.

Ill work on this one, back later.

I see the material file in the installer is an old one- its missing the %override values, and shifts in some other fields in their place. I saved the gcode and looked at the tool path in mach3 and it looks OK, so Im sure we have a toolpath bug in the wizard.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 09:16:02 PM by Ron Ginger »
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2013, 04:01:25 AM »
Hi Ron & Terry,

Thanks for looking  -  I know it is a 'work in progress' and small bugs are to be expected and the more feedback you get, the quicker the problems will be ironed out. For me, and thousands of others, who will take advantage of all your hard work, I can't than you enough. My workshop has never been so productive  ;D

Thanks,

Mike
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2013, 10:34:27 AM »
I found the chip load being zero problem. A mistake in the material table over using the feed over ride value to be 1 or 100. The correct use is to have the table entry a 1 if you mean 100%. The chip load calculation was doing a divide by 100, making the chip load smaller than a 4 decimal number.

Anyway, its fixed in the code.

That leads to how we will update this wizard. I do not want to make a new install kit for every single bug, so we will wait for a few fixes then do a new release.