Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 11:29:34 AM

Author Topic: Upgrading from a previous version of DFW  (Read 4439 times)

Upgrading from a previous version of DFW
« on: February 27, 2013, 11:16:22 AM »
Please accept my appologies if this has been answered before. I have a license for NFG that I purchased about 18 months ago. Will this suffice to upgrade to the new NFG or do I have to cough up another fifty bucks?

Thanks

Dan B
Re: Upgrading from a previous version of DFW
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2013, 01:33:48 PM »
The Mach3 version, also called the Addons for Mill that you paid $50 for are good forever, for all new versions. These are the wizards that run under Mach3.

The new Mill Wizards, that are a standalone program will need a new license, the introductory price is $50 the list price in about a month will be $75.

There are other differences. The new license is locked to a PC, you can run it only on one machine. You can run it in demo mode on any PC to create a job file, and view the toolpath, then take that job file to the machine with the license and generate the code. Bug fix versions will not need a new license, but if we come out with a major new version it will need some kind of license upgrade, but that is not fixed yet.

Think of Microsoft- you bought XP, got a couple service packs for no upgrade cost, but if you want Win7 you need to upgrade
Re: Upgrading from a previous version of DFW
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2013, 02:22:23 PM »
Thanks Ron,

Heh, No one works for nothing. At least not for long, including myself! I also know that you've put a ton of work into the new version. I'll be upgrading before the price increase. Just have to figure out which computer I'm going to install it on. ;)

Thanks for all your hard work,

Dan B