Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:32:07 AM

Author Topic: Wizard does not recognise License  (Read 8588 times)

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
Wizard does not recognise License
« on: February 26, 2013, 11:18:15 PM »
HIYA RON, The wizard does not recognise the LIC file. If you try to reload the lic the window opens looking for a *.TXT file not a *.DAT file. SO you cannot select the license.

(;-) TP

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
Re: Wizard does not recognise License
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2013, 11:45:44 PM »
ROn,  Brian tool care of the problem. (;-)

(;-) TP
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2013, 07:55:31 AM »
Problem was TP had a pre-release vesion of the license.
Re: Wizard does not open has an error
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2013, 12:34:11 PM »
i downloaded nfs mill from mach and tried to open the program and got an error :searching for "nfsmill- exe  " file and won't open. idon't know what to do. won't buy a lic. until i can open program to see how it works

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2013, 12:42:51 PM »
At this link   http://www.machsupport.com/downloads/MillWizard_Installer_Version_1.0.2.exe  you should be asked to run or save.  Save it and then run it from where ever you saved it.  Maybe you got a bad download.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2013, 01:08:21 PM »
i went to that place tried to download it and it  only had run or cancel . as i ran it i got to the install and an error occured , it said either abort, retry or ignore. i tried all and still came up with the same problem
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2013, 01:39:51 PM »
Which windows are you running, XP or Win7.

Which browser are you using? All of them I know should give you the choice to Run or Save.

To be following the microsoft rules for a proper application we now install the exe in C:\ProgramFiles\Wizards There seem to be cases when you need to run that as Admin. From the download link choose to save it to disk. Then right click on the file and you shuold get a choice to 'run as' where you can choose Administrator.

Tell me what error message you got trying to install.
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2013, 01:46:26 PM »
hi ron    i'm running  win 7 and google  . the error said opening  the mill.exe file then ay the bottom it has three choices ,abort, retry and ignore
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2013, 04:12:00 PM »
Ok, I have XP and use firefox, so I have some trouble following your problem. I tried google chrome and it seems to pick its own choice of where to download an exe file. If you just click on it in the browser you cant choose the run as admin option.

You will have to find where google saveed your download. Then using the windows explorer, find that file, right click on it and choose the run as Admin option.

Sorry its so tough, I hate it when browsers make choices for you and hide stuff like this.
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2013, 04:37:39 PM »
Hi Ron    i did what you said ,and i'll be darned if that worked fine. i'll totally agree with you about win 7 .thanks a lot for all your help.now i can save my money to buy the lic lol!!!