Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 08:19:26 PM

Author Topic: PLC relays wont latch  (Read 6671 times)

Hood

PLC relays wont latch
« on: February 04, 2007, 02:18:28 PM »
Sorry for the lack of technical terms but I am trying to get to grips with a PLC and MODbus. Yesterday I seemed to be getting along great, had some output relays on the PLC that I could activate with M6 command etc but today I just cant get it to work. Sometimes when I command the output it will momentarily switch the PLC output but it just wont latch it. Anyone have any ideas?
Hood

Hood

Re: PLC relays wont latch
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2007, 03:40:44 PM »
Problem solved (I think) thanks to Brian.
 Just one big problem left which will be harder to work out, its called Hood the idiot ;)

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2007, 08:28:59 PM »
LOL................... Hood the Great.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2007, 04:46:59 PM »
Hood, you should post and tell everyone how you fixed the problem ;)
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com

Hood

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2007, 06:24:41 PM »
 I didnt fix it, it was a guy called Brian ;)
 Anyway what it was, being a total beginner at MODbus I thought I would have to use the Outputs in Ports and Pins so I had them set up to port 0 pin1 etc. After talking to this guy called Brian I found out that there is no need to set the ports and pins as Mach would talk over MODbus to the PLC and the setting of outputs would be handled by the VB.
 I am planning on writing a few lines for the wiki once I learn a bit more about using a PLC. This will be from a total beginners perspective and wont be of any interest to most people but hopefully it will help people like me (total PLC/MODbus beginners) and point themĀ  in the right direction.
Hood
« Last Edit: February 06, 2007, 07:13:09 PM by Hood »

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2007, 06:42:23 PM »
That is good Hood, you are in the short rows now it sounds like. ;D That Brian character must be pretty sharp. Looking forward to the addition to the Wiki. Myself, unlike some of you, Hmm, Hmm need all the help I can get. ;D

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2007, 05:56:27 PM »
Sometimes you just get lucky and things work...   8)
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2007, 03:51:16 PM »
I didnt fix it, it was a guy called Brian ;)
 Anyway what it was, being a total beginner at MODbus I thought I would have to use the Outputs in Ports and Pins so I had them set up to port 0 pin1 etc. After talking to this guy called Brian I found out that there is no need to set the ports and pins as Mach would talk over MODbus to the PLC and the setting of outputs would be handled by the VB.
 I am planning on writing a few lines for the wiki once I learn a bit more about using a PLC. This will be from a total beginners perspective and wont be of any interest to most people but hopefully it will help people like me (total PLC/MODbus beginners) and point them  in the right direction.
Hood

it ill be handy to me! look forward to seeing it!
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2007, 06:06:30 PM »
Well done Hood.I can see all this learning you are doing saving ME a lot of time when YOU come to do my sliding head ;D
Then after that we`ve got the plasma and I`m thinking about updating the control on the big bandsaw.
Mark

Hood

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2007, 03:09:37 PM »
Well Mark as long as you are not in a hurry :D
I am going nowhere with the macro writing, I know what I want the macro to do but just cant write it, might help if I knew and understood VB ;)
 Looks like I will still be at the same stage in a years time.

Hood