Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 12:53:22 AM

Author Topic: File Load Speed  (Read 2355 times)

File Load Speed
« on: February 26, 2013, 09:06:34 PM »
Is there a way to speed up the file load process?  When I had everything but the actual feedrate moves in macros, programs loaded fast.  Since moving al of that back to GCode, I notice that programs load very slowly.  A large program may take a few minutes to load, then if you regen the display, it does it all over again.  I tried turning off the tool path display, but that didn't make a difference.  The machine seems to run better with everything back in GCode, but we run some very large programs and the load time is an issue.  Any ideas?

Thanks

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
Re: File Load Speed
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2013, 10:01:47 PM »
Load time is proportional to file size. It does not post check macros so they would have loaded faster.

I know your pain, (;-) TP

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2013, 03:47:50 AM »
Personally I prefer Mach to run through the code whilst loading so that any errors are found and reported so I dont see that as pain ;)
If however you do and dont care if toolpath is present and whether code has not been checked through then just hit the cancel when its loading and run the code unchecked.
Hood
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2013, 10:29:32 AM »
With plasma a crash is usually not painful as the torch just releases, but I do like to see the program displayed.  That atleast tells the operator that he's running the right program.