Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:51:24 AM

Author Topic: off line function  (Read 5896 times)

Offline D-M

•  25 25
    • View Profile
off line function
« on: February 23, 2013, 12:00:13 AM »
Something odd happened I lost my spindle motor a few weeks back got it back together today and fired it up. Now my off line function will not take my steppers off line as before.
Any help would be appreciated
Dave 

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: off line function
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2013, 06:23:18 PM »
Cant remember what offline actually does when using the parallel port but I recall its different from when using the SmoothStepper, which is what I have on most machines.
I presume you are using the parallel port? If so what did offline do? in other words did the DROs in Mach still move when you were offline and jogged or did they just stay the same?
Hood

Offline D-M

•  25 25
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2013, 06:32:29 PM »
Thanks Hood for getting back to me.
Before the issue with the spindle motor if I activated the off line button the DRO's would move but not the machine it would turn power off to the motors. I am using a parallel port.
Thanks Dave

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2013, 06:50:51 PM »
Ok so if you turned it back online after jogging did the DROs jump back to what they were? Thats what happens with the Smoothstepper but think maybe the parallel port doesnt do that.
 Have you done anything else since you last used offline? such as updated Mach? Chnaged any config?
What version of Mach are you using?
Hood

Offline D-M

•  25 25
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2013, 07:16:24 PM »
Hood
Yes came back on line DRO's were ware I had left them(I never turned off Mach I always leave that computer run) No updates to Mach no config changes. Using Mach 3
Dave

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2013, 01:49:01 AM »
Ok just to clarify, if you put offline and then jogged the DROs would change but motors would not move. If you then put Mach Online the DROs would return to their original location, ie where they were before you jogged when offline?
Hood

Offline D-M

•  25 25
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2013, 08:40:55 AM »
Hood
If I take it off line the Dro's move the motors don't.  Back on line the DRO's DO NOT return to the the starting point but stay were they ended up in the jog off line move  I think I had mis read in your previous response
Dave

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2013, 09:14:38 AM »
Ok thats the way I was thinking it would work with the parallel port, the Smoothstepper returns the DROs to their previous position.
Anyway that  is a bit more tricky for me to test as it will mean I need to use a computer with the parallel port and use a scope to check the outputs. If you can attach your xml I will check using it.
Hood

Offline D-M

•  25 25
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2013, 10:17:32 PM »
Hood
Hope this is the correct file if not I will need a little help here also
Thanks Dave

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2013, 03:28:46 AM »
Thats actually the backup xml folder but that should give me the second most recent one you used. It looks like you are using a profile called dyna1 as there are more backups of it. If you look in the main Mach3 folder you should find a xml file called dyna1, if you copy that to your desktop and rename or zip and attach then I will test tonight when I get home.
Hood