Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 04:30:17 AM

Author Topic: Please can i get some phone support  (Read 5944 times)

Offline m4uk

•  38 38
    • View Profile
Please can i get some phone support
« on: February 22, 2013, 12:20:51 PM »
Lathe setup but cant get anything to work, Try running turn wizards and the lathe just goes to the home position and sits there.

Help please.

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
Re: Please can i get some phone support
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2013, 12:24:52 PM »
Do you have a spindle index sensor configured and working?

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!

Offline m4uk

•  38 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2013, 12:46:49 PM »
Yes, this was done by the company that sold us the lathe, but they dont know Mac 3.  Maybe we could check that it works also?

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2013, 12:53:15 PM »
What company sold you the Lathe?  If you go to the manual page and spin the spindle by hand, do any of the spindle speeds show how fast your spindle is turning?

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!

Offline m4uk

•  38 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2013, 01:15:20 PM »
A company called Excel Machine Tools in the UK. They are the Optimum Lathe distributor. They fitted the Optimum CNC upgrade to the D320X920 Lathe I have.

When I go into manual mode and select the spindle option at the bottom of the screen and then turn the headstock by hand the numbers above the yellow bar, where it says STrue go up, they don't go back down again when I stop moving the headstock (this doesn't make any sense, shouldn't it read zero if its not moving). The reset button to the bottom left doesn't do anything either, press it and the numbers flicker about and go back the same as they were.

The software does not control the spindle speed but it seems to be able to monitor it.

The lathe has limit switches set up by Excel. When I press Home X or Z, they lathe moved to the same position.

Another note, why don't any of the DRO's ever show all the numbers properly? Most of the headings are cropped too, making the hole display a confusing letter/ word jumble.

I read the manual about referencing the tools but the diagram shows Z as being depth, then the text goes on about X being depth. I did it with X as depth and tried to use NFS turn, but it never loads the G code when you press Run. If I restart it then G code is loaded but the lathe just goes to the home position.

Offline m4uk

•  38 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2013, 01:28:28 PM »
Another thing I don't understand is when I set the Jog Cycle (I think that's what it should read, mine looks like Joo Cvcl as most of the word is cropped) to .0010 and then tap the left and right cursor keys the Z axis DRO goes up like, .0067, then .0133 then .0200, not .0010 increments at all.
Why is this? Is it something to do with the accuracy of my lathe? How would you position anything accurately with this system? Please help.