Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 10:14:30 AM

Author Topic: limit switch triggered  (Read 9520 times)

Re: limit switch triggered
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2013, 02:21:30 PM »
I've been having the same problem... and it does seem related to newest version.

I've never had the problem before... but since updating... I've had it.

Also looking at the first page of this forum... there are quite a few topics on this. Coincidence?
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2013, 02:22:46 PM »
Cheers Hood, had the magnifier on it and it says 440G, I will go down and have closer look in the morning, I have noticed a couple of times the spindle seems to be running faster than my M3 programmed speed, but it cuts fine. Thanks mate

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2013, 02:24:32 PM »
Johnny, again, going back to an earlier version would be simple enough to try.  Let us know if it helps.

Yeah Jim, as Hood said, that could be the source of your pain.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2013, 02:33:06 PM »
Hi Jonny I first thought that the upgrade was the cause but am moving away from that being the problem, I think my problem is electrical noise. I was advised to download the older version of Mach to see if it solves the problem (its still on the Mach download section of the web pages), but will replace the faulty part on my circuit board spindle drive first I have a feeling that is my problem. As Hood and Chaoticone say it plays havoc with 5v control signals. Keep you posted. Thanks for your thread. Jim
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2013, 12:28:36 PM »
Hi Hood and Chaoticone, well moved the Spindle Drive and solved the trigger problem, but the spindle has started creeping again so going to replace that burnt out RC Network thingy. Its so burnt I cant read the type it is. On a very badly photocopied electrical drawing it says 440G and a symbol of a Thermistor but the written text says its a varistor and along side it is a Capacitor (C6) which I think is OK. any suggestions as to what rating it might be? or do I go by the size and wire spacing on the PB?

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2013, 01:14:33 PM »
 :)  Good deal Jim, that's great news.  I know what a pain noise can be.  I have no idea about your crispy component though.  Maybe looking in Allied or Newark will give some ideas.  Size and spacing may well be a big clue.  I just got a 300 watt resistor for a VFD.  Hated to spend the money as I have a couple the exact same size (wattage and physical) but the one I needed was 70 ohm and the ones I have are 26.  So, long story short, I have noticed the size of a resistor usually gives a good idea as to the wattage rating.  Has nothing to do with resistance value though.  I also have no idea if that is a standard that is adhered to across the board or just the product of common manufacturing processes or what.  I understand why larger wattage resistors are larger in size but no idea if you used different materials if they would have to be a certain size because of a standard.  I also know I have one PC that is 17 x 16 x 7 and another that will fit in one of the 5.25 bays on it that has more ram, storage and a faster processor than the big one.  

Brett  
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2013, 05:06:01 PM »
Jim, I am thiking the component is something along the lines of this
http://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/rc-network-capacitors/2067831/
If you could find someone with a similar drive with the component in good condition it would maybe help match in the capacitance, voltage etc.

Hood
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2013, 05:11:26 AM »
Cheers Hood, I think all the other LYNX drives are in museums,did find a picture of one on another CNC site but guess what the same component was burnt out.  Looked on ebay and there are a few components that might be correct, as you said its just getting the right one. Its strange worked most of the day on some mementos for a child's charity with no problem. Then after about 4 hours I heard a buzzing from the motor and it started to rotate. I can live with it till it gets warmer and I don't freeze, I just turn off the machine to change the tooling. Going to go and clean up the workshop this morning so will have another look to see whats written on it, keep you posted. Jim
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2013, 12:49:57 PM »
Hi Hood I was busy looking at my pictures of the spindle drive when I noticed there was another capacitor exactly the same shape and size further down the input line. It measures and looks exactly the same but not burnt like a crisp. Its made by RIFA and has the following markings on it 1000v/500v MP
PME261
40/07/0756
On the top is 0.1uf which is the only thing I can read on the top of the burnt one. Does this sound feasible. I have looked around but cant find any on the net except for these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121068277543?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649 but think the 1000pf are too small. Jim

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2013, 01:33:27 PM »