Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:58:47 AM

Author Topic: Chinese Cnc Plasma  (Read 2276 times)

Chinese Cnc Plasma
« on: February 19, 2013, 01:04:16 PM »
Hi guys

I've built three plasma Cnc systems to date. The first plasma used was with thermodyme HF which gave me endless problems with noise and PC errors. Eventually got it to fire without errors. But not that reliable when working long with it. It had me despondent for a long while but learning much about grounding via net.

This last build with hypertherm pwm45 and first cut - no problem.

I wanna know - the Cnc plasma tables including their local brand plasmas - why are their products selling so well? Surely clients are having noise issues and errors, no? I've purchased a cheap plasma and a while back and without even connected to table - just firing it - caused PC errors. Because I wanna try convert a  low end plasma to work with Cnc tables - trouble free - I've read a couple of informative forums regarding various types on the market such as http://weldingweb.com/showthread.php?t=25405
And http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php?topic=20076.0

In reading these article - my understanding is if the torch is converted, it will work and work well in line with pc controls etc. or am I wrong?
I met a guy that claims he does conversions - just with a Panasonic mechanized torch and claims its successful.

Do you have or know any that has a Chinese plasma Cnc machine wihyperbole end (or unknown) brands that are successfully cutting without PC errors and stalling? What plasma are they using?

Or any that uses a converted plasma to function failure free in line with Cnc table?

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
Re: Chinese Cnc Plasma
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2013, 01:20:23 PM »
WHy would you want to do something that will just drive you crazy. Just pick up the hammer an hit yourself in the head. It will make your head hurt much less than what you want to do.

Just a thought, (;-) TP
Re: Chinese Cnc Plasma
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2013, 01:30:32 PM »
 Don't own a hammer...lol

Just thought it would be a nice deep thinking project - latel late nights and lots of reading Yeknow. I endeavored a number of challenging projects in the past that took a long while but worked out until I became bored and hunted a new one.