Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 10:02:21 AM

Author Topic: Any way to know when job is finished?  (Read 4283 times)

Any way to know when job is finished?
« on: February 03, 2007, 06:41:49 PM »
I'd like to setup our cnc so that it can be left unattended to complete the jobs after work hours, but I need to be able to shut it off once it's finished executing gcode.

My problem is I have no means of getting feedback from Mach3 to know when it finished executing gcode. If I could read some kind of trigger, even such as creation of a file, I'd be able to program relays to shut off the power to drives, spindle, and dust collector, and then turn off the computer.

That would be an ideal situation.

Is there any way for Mach 3 to produce some kind of output or detectable trigger once it completes gcode execution?

Hood

Re: Any way to know when job is finished?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2007, 07:05:32 PM »
Not sure if you could turn the computer off as I dont think it will shut down until Mach has shut down. To shut Mach down you have to click yes in the popup box that asks if you are sure.....
 There are some settings in the config page which will  shut outputs etc on a M30 or a program rewind that may be of use but you could probably also use the macropump to enable an output when it sees the M30 command.
Hood

Offline rcrabb

•  146 146
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2007, 07:11:27 PM »
What if you wrote a macro pump that monitored the start LED and activated a relay based on that state? Add a button to the screen to enable the function, Write a macro pump to drop a relay if start LED is low and your custom enable LED is high. I think this would be very simple.
Ryan
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2007, 08:01:46 PM »
What if you have a M code at the end of the program that calls a popup window that ask you if you want to shut off the compuer and if no answer in 1 minute it kills everything.

Offline rcrabb

•  146 146
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2007, 09:09:02 PM »
I just spent a few minutes writing a macro pump to deactivat output three as described in my last post. I was successful. Let me know if your interested in this method.
Ryan
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2007, 09:53:32 AM »
There is also an "Estpo after M30" under general configs :)
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com