Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 06:15:40 PM

Author Topic: Triggered limit switches in Mach3  (Read 23137 times)

Triggered limit switches in Mach3
« on: February 13, 2013, 07:39:12 AM »
Hello everyone.  I have recently finish building my cnc and have ran into a couple things.  I have done some reading but the few things I have tried have not worked.  I have put 2 limit switches per axis.  Using the two for limits and one of them for homing.  I have them in series on each axis, one leg to ground and one to each designated pin.  I am using pins 10, 11, and 12.  Have not installed e-stop yet but will.

The problem I am having when enabling the Y and Z axis Mach 3 states that I have a triggered limit.  I push the reset button and it does reset and then about 4-6 seconds later it says its tripped again.  I go to diagnostics screen and there are no LED's lit for trips.  Now I can enable X axis and the homing works.  The axis moves to that point and it stops.  And if I send the axis to trip limit it works.

Another problem that I things corresponds with my axis problem is that when I turn off X axis and enable Y axis and try to home.  Y starts to move and then stops.  Same with z axis.

I am stumped. I have checked my wiring and redid some wiring thinking I had a shielding problem.  Any help will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks everyone.

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
Re: Triggered limit switches in Mach3
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2013, 08:14:40 AM »
Attach your xml and I'll have a look.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2013, 08:27:08 AM »
raise the debounce interval to 3000. general config page, make sure you click ok.
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2013, 09:21:24 AM »
Brett I will attach xml file tonight when I get home.  Thanks you.
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2013, 09:22:21 AM »
Angel tech I have increased my debounce to 1000.  So I will also try that when I get home tonight.
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2013, 10:02:27 PM »
Well I went home and I increased the de-bounce.  Seemed to work but still triggers once and awhile in movement.  Al connections are tight and rerun.  Here is the xml, made sure I saved current. 

Thanks
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2013, 02:09:12 AM »
Hi Brett, I know this may seem strange but I had a similar problem see "limit switch activated triggered" after countless contact with Mach forum members I thought I had solved the problem HOWEVER!!!
This aproblem started 3 months ago when the machine stopped halfway thru a program saying limit switch triggered, I restarted and all was fine, however this got worse finally it would take 10 or more attempts before I could cancel the triggers, (again the diagnostic did not show errors). Finally after getting the machine started I worked all day on jobs with no problem. Switched off the machine and the computer but realised I had one more to do. The computer would not start. After investigations it turned out the computers power supply had blown, so bought another power supply, put it in the computer and all was fine. 3 days later the error started again " limit switch triggered" then guess what the power supply failed again. So bought a secondhand Dell Optiplex computer "because it had the printer port outlet" low and behold Mach3 has been working fine ever since with no trigger signals (fingers crossed). Guess what I'm saying is if all fails and you checked your machines earthing is good and you cant sort out the problem it might not be Mach or your machine it could be your computer. I don't think any upgrades in Mach are the problem as my initial problem was with a system I had been using for 4 years. I suspect there is a rogue signal from your computer, it turned out my old computer had a motherboard intermitten fault which caused the power supply to fail. I bought an old computer on ebay for a tenner and solved the problem. Good Luck, Jim
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2013, 02:20:47 AM »
Apologies Brett thought you had stated this thread, apologise fishin_fl for not noticing you had started the thread. It is 6 in the morning and ain't got my brain in order. jimthefish

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2013, 10:56:01 AM »
Thanks Jim, thats good to know.

fishin fl, what version of Mach are you running?  Do you use any custom macros, brains, screen sets, plug-ins?

Brett

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2013, 11:13:18 AM »
Fishin, assign your estop to port 1 pin 11 and your X++, X-- and X home to port 1 pin 13 and move the wire to pin 13.  Let me know if that gets it.

Brett