Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 01:14:28 PM

Author Topic: Limit switch activated "triggered"  (Read 6905 times)

Limit switch activated "triggered"
« on: February 09, 2013, 07:28:33 AM »
Any suggestions would be welcome. My converted to Mach3, Denford Triac has developed a fault. When I start up after a day's break the first few times I start a program it stops saying "Limit Switch Activated". I reset and the program again and it goes a little further then stops again. After a few false starts the machine will run all day without any problems. Even if I MDI just the spindle to run at say 1000RPM after about 20 seconds I still get the limit switch fault, even though the slides are not moving.
Things I have done.
Checked all connectors for loose screws and wires
Looked at the diagnostic page and it shows no limit switch activated, I just have pin 4 with a green light "This has been normal ever since I converted the machine"
Checked the computers outputs and they all fall within all the parameters on Mach's setup videos.

Just for reference this machine had a few teething problems but lots of help from Hood has performed perfectly for 3 year. I did replace the computer a few weeks ago but found out it was only the internal power supply at fault, so I replace the power supply so the machine is running with the original Dell computer it has had since its conversion.

My next step is to disconnect all the limit switches from the BOB but before I do has anyone any suggestions. I suspect I have a faulty limit switch but as they difficult to get at though I would ask first.
Jim

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: Limit switch activated "triggered"
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2013, 08:17:55 AM »
Jim,

Try increasing the Debounce Interval in the General config page and see if that helps.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2013, 08:58:26 AM »
I have it set at 2000 and been that since I converted the machine what do you suggest I set it too Tweakie. Jim
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2013, 09:03:11 AM »
3000 may help
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2013, 09:04:23 AM »
have you pulled the front x axis switches off to see if there's coolant or swarf in there.?
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2013, 09:11:10 AM »
Ok will try and set the debounce at 3000, I don't use coolant and the switches are well protected from swarf but will look at the switches tomorrow. Think I will disconnect them from the BOB and see if the fault still happens as my diagnostic page shows no limit switches activated as the fault happens, its only the error box on the main page of Mach telling me there is a fault.
Jim
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2013, 10:13:01 AM »
Ok set the debounce at 3000 still the same set it a 0 still the same but after 6 stop starts of the spindle the machine is running OK with the debounce set at 0.
Bit of advice please, when I've been looking at the diagnostic video and checking the machine/computer link. the pulse frequency is 25008 the time in int wanders between +5.5 to +4.4 so it appears to be correct, BUT every so often flashes +11 for s split second. So I ried the driver test it tells me the system is excellent after an initial warning the pulse is to high.
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2013, 10:18:24 AM »
Jim is the machine in your garage or coldish workshop, if so run a hairdryer over the electronics for 10 mins.
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2013, 12:11:59 PM »
Yes afraid so Angel Tec, I have put a small heater under the machine to see if that solves the problem, Might have to move the machine into the living room and the furniture into the workshop, got to look after my Denford Mill. keep you posted. Jim
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2013, 02:44:16 PM »
get a "pet mat" or "yelping mat" and place it in the electronics cabinet.