Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:00:48 AM

Author Topic: Jogging Issues  (Read 3028 times)

Jogging Issues
« on: February 07, 2013, 04:26:49 PM »
Hi,

I'm new to the forum. I purchased a machine and am having issues with jogging.  I talked to the manufacturer, and they said it was a Mach3 issue.  I am using MACH3 Version 3.043.066. When I tab to bring up the jog menu and use the arrow keys, everything seems to work fine in the continuous mode.  When I move to step mode, so that I am able to move in smaller increments, the machine locks up on me.  When I reset then try to use the jog menu arrow keys, it is still locked.  While the jog menu screen is still active and I move back to continuous mode then reset and use the jog menu, everything works fine. When I try to jog using the control key, it also locks up on me.  If I have the jog menu active and use the control key for movement, as soon as the indicator light goes from continuous to step mode, it locks up. The strange thing is that everything had been working fine for several hours this morning.

Thanks
Bob

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Jogging Issues
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2013, 02:46:30 AM »
What do you mean by lock up? Is it the computer or the motors stalling or?
Hood
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2013, 09:08:13 AM »
Hi,
I have no motor movement in the X, Y or Z axis.  The computer seems to be working just fine.

Bob

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2013, 09:26:45 AM »
Can you attach your xml please.
Hood
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2013, 11:47:28 AM »
Hi,

I received a call from the manufacturer, and he said he was going to check the XML file.  He installed the latest version of MACH3 on my machine, and he said there might be a discrepancy.  Will let you know.

Thanks

Bob
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2013, 10:14:51 AM »
Hi,
Received a new XML file from manufacturer, did a paste into MACH3 and everything is working just fine.
Thanks for you prompt support.
Bob