Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 03:38:25 AM

Author Topic: ArtCAM  (Read 3743 times)

ArtCAM
« on: February 07, 2013, 01:49:52 AM »
Hi

Has an one being using Delcam’s  Artcam Express it look good but I don't know how it will work with Mack3.  Artcam sets  the Z high at the stock surface where Mack3 sets Z at the top Home position, how do you work around this.
Does ArtCAM have a post Processor for Mach3.

Eric

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: ArtCAM
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2013, 03:09:45 AM »
You are talking about 2 different coordinate systems. The one you are saying Mach sets Z to is machine coords and normally the user never looks or cares where they are, it is more for Mach to know where it is. The other coord system is a work offset and you normally set that to the surface of the material for Z.
Heres a basic of how it works.
You home the machine so that Mach knows where it is, normally Z fully up will be Z Zero. The DRO you see may or may not read Zero at that point as the one you are seeing is a work offset DRO, you will only see machine coords when you press the Machine Coords button.
Ok so Mach has homed and set machine coords to zero you can then move the Z to where you want such as top of material and then press the button at the side of the DRO to zero it, you have just set up a work offset.
Hood

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2013, 05:17:55 AM »

Does ArtCAM have a post Processor for Mach3.

Eric

Eric,

This is something that ArtCAM will set you up with for your particular machine.

Dave
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Just because I'm a Global Moderator, don't assume that I know anything !

Dave->    ;)
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2013, 06:18:44 AM »
Does Express have the model master post processors in it like pro and jewelsmith have?  Those work perfect with mach. 
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2013, 06:55:40 AM »
Hi Hood and Dave. A great talk through, it has cleared everything up and it makes perfect sence now. meany thanks. this form and the people on it are great.