Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:44:18 PM

Author Topic: Did a litograpgh on pvc pipe something is wrong  (Read 3673 times)

Did a litograpgh on pvc pipe something is wrong
« on: February 04, 2013, 06:20:56 PM »
I created a lithograph in photovcarve and then used cncwrapper to create the file when I cut the piece the letting came out backwards any ideas what I did wrong ? Thanks Gary

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
Re: Did a litograpgh on pvc pipe something is wrong
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2013, 07:11:48 PM »
Are all the axis set up to follow standard convention?  http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,10308.0.html

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2013, 07:48:44 PM »
I also should have stated that I cut this on a axis indexer

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2013, 08:49:43 PM »
I don't know what would be causeing it to be backwards unless an axis was going in the wrong direction.

The A, B and C axes produce angular motion (rotation). Typically, A rotates around a line parallel to X, B rotates around a line parallel to Y, and C rotates around a line parallel to Z.

2.2. Rotational AxesThe rotational axes are measured in degrees as wrapped linear axes in which the direction of positive rotation is counterclockwise when viewed from the positive end of the corresponding X, Y, or Z-axis. By wrapped linear axis, we mean one on which the angular position increases without limit (goes towards plus infinity) as the axis turns counterclockwise and deceases without limit (goes towards minus infinity) as the axis turns clockwise. Wrapped linear axes are used regardless of whether or not there is a mechanical limit on rotation.

Clockwise or counterclockwise is from the point of view of the workpiece. If the workpiece is fastened to a turntable which turns on a rotational axis, a counterclockwise turn from the point of view of the workpiece is accomplished by turning the turntable in a direction that (for most common machine configurations) looks clockwise from the point of view of someone standing next to the machine.

Are all of your axis set up to follow the standards?  How does it look in the toolpath display?

Brett

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2013, 10:08:26 AM »
I'm not sure what settings to use in mach 3 to show the display of the rotary work that I'm trying to do

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2013, 10:39:40 AM »
Attach your xml and the code.  If the code is'nt telling it to cut backwards the only thing I know that can cause it is an axis is running backwards.  What axis are the letters running with?

Brett

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2013, 11:33:27 AM »
here is the xml

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2013, 11:40:57 AM »
No xml attached.  You may need to rename it something unique.

Brett