Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:21:03 AM

Author Topic: Skipped Parts  (Read 5864 times)

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: Skipped Parts
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2013, 07:20:33 AM »
Hi Wilfried,

I appreciate that is not much help in resolving your problem but all 4 fuse cut-outs were executed when I test ran your code here.

Which version of Mach3 are you using ?

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2013, 07:43:12 AM »
Hi Tweakie

I'm using version Version R3.043.022.
Did you really do a real-life test run ? I mean on a real machine ?
Wilfried

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2013, 10:11:19 AM »
Did you really do a real-life test run ? I mean on a real machine ?

Hi Wilfried,

I only ran the tool-path (engraved into a piece of scrap) mainly because I was most interested in the efficiency of your GCode and how so much was accomplished within the 500 line limit. ( and I spotted the deliberate mistake  ;D ).

I was using version R3.043.066 so, in retrospect, your problem may be to do with a possible restriction placed on the demo version but Graham is much more of an expert than I am so hope he can shed some light on the issue.

Tweakie.
PEACE

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2013, 10:26:24 AM »
Good catch on the demo thought, Tweakie-

Dave
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Just because I'm a Global Moderator, don't assume that I know anything !

Dave->    ;)
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2013, 02:09:13 PM »
Hi Tweakie and Dave,

Thanks for helping and the effort you put in the problem.
I now installed the newer version R3.043.066, and that version runs the partprogram OK.
But I now see other strange things. While running the part program and observing the Mach3 toolpath screen, it stroked me that while the active point was drawing instance 2 of an instrument hole, Mach 3 was highlighting the first instance of that hole. See the attachment.
This means that Mach3 does not completely release subroutines and their waste data after they have been used. I encountered similar things some time ago when I was trying to use tool compensation within subs. That clearly did not work and as far as I know, has not been solved yet.  That was the reason I hesitated to buy and still work with the demo version.  I think there still is a major issue within Mach3 with subroutines.
Wilfried.

Offline Graham Waterworth

•  2,668 2,668
  • Yorkshire Dales, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2013, 04:05:52 AM »
Hi Guys,

sorry for the delay, its been a very busy week so far.

I can see no obvious problems with the g-code, the only thing that can be off putting is Mach3 and a combination of subs and G91 code can cause the tool path to be drawn wrong.  If you are not using tool compensation then the G40's can be removed as Mach3 is not over keen on tool comp codes in subs ether. Blank(s) or comment(s) as the first line(s) of the sub can cause problems too in some circumstances.  Lastly it is a good idea to have a % only as the first and last line of the code, none in the middle.

You will all be pleased to know that Mach4 has none of these problems  :)

Regards
Graham

« Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 04:10:15 AM by Graham Waterworth »
Without engineers the world stops
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2013, 06:10:42 AM »
Hello Graham. Thanks for replying,
I know I use a lot of G40's were the are not necessary. That's because I make use of a general purpose library, and you never know what happens around those subs in the different part programs. So I always leave every sub with a G40 and a G90 to be sure that nothing is left behind.
In an attempt to understand what was happening, I also made a version without G90/G91 changes in the subs. This did not solve the problem.
Personally I think that there are still a couple of bugs in the way Mach3 deals with subs. I know of at least one, and that is the toolcompensation within subs. This does not work.
Wilfried