Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 08:03:42 AM

Author Topic: Help with Homming  (Read 6788 times)

Offline eq007

•  17 17
    • View Profile
Help with Homming
« on: February 04, 2013, 06:11:06 AM »
Well today I decided to buy Ger's 2010 screen set for the auto zero and probing functions. But in order to take advantage of it I needed to add two (2) home switches one each to X and Z. I already have X and A ganged and switched and working flawlessly. Before I go into my Issue let me give you a run down of the equip. I'm running some Chineese drivers, a 48v antek PS and a Smoothstepper with a CNC4PC c25 smoothstepper teminal BOB. I have provided an autocad file of the complete box and wiring layout as well as terminal attachments. I also Have provided the xml file for the profile i'm running.

I mounted and wired the 2 home switches that needed to be added for the X and Z. I attached X to port 2 pin 10 and Z to port 2 pin 13. Went into mach and setup the ports and pins making sure to have them as active low since they are NC switches.I started by testing Z and it crashed into the switch faster than I could get to the E-stop, but no damage was done. I then manually tripped each switch to make sure smoothstepper diagnostic screen and mach diagnostic screen led's picked up the activity, and it did as expected.

I then moved the X axis to the mid-point of the carriage and proceeded to ref x. I manually tripped the switch, the LED's on the diag pages showed the activity but the home cycle didnt stop and zero the machine coords as it does with the Y and A. Thinking I had a software issue I upgraded from 3.043.022 to 3.043.066 and nothing changed. Then figured maybe something happened when I installed Ger's screen set. I started a brand new profile and entered only what I had to in order to get motion and homes leaving all else at default. Still no joy, the issue persisted. Ok maybe it's noise so I set the Debounce on mach's general setup screen to 2500 with no change.

I then thought well maybe it's the wiring. I pulled the wires and checked for continuity on X and Z. My meter beeped at me on both until the switch was activated breaking the circuit as one would expect. Ok so maybe it's the pin, so I moved X to port 2 pin 9 and set the smoothstepper to see port 2 pins 2-9 as inputs. No love! I then thought let's set it as the X++ limit. When I did that I could not get the reset button to let go of a limit switch tripped error. I though ok dumby you forgot to set the limit to active low and proceeded to check it, nope it was indeed active low. So I changed it to active high and the outcome was the same. The error still would not reset. I then proceeded to wire it all back to normal (as shown in the cad file), and though maybe the switch was bad. So I proceeded to solder on a new switch with the same results. The Y and A axis perform normally and have been for three weeks and continue to even after Ger's screen set install so I dont think that's the issue. It's just X and Z that are not playing nice. Any help or light that anyone can shed on this issue is greatly welcomed.

Thanks in advance
Chuck

Offline eq007

•  17 17
    • View Profile
Re: Help with Homming
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2013, 06:12:12 AM »
opps here are the files..

Offline eq007

•  17 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2013, 12:36:58 PM »
ok so noone has any thoughts or ideas. i guess ill have to pull new wire and fresh install mach not just a new profile.

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2013, 12:55:49 PM »
Hold on just a minute.

May have found a problem.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2013, 01:00:54 PM »
Can you try it running version 3.043.062 with a standard screen set?  If you don't feel comfortable trying, don't.  If you do, let me know how it goes please.

Brett

Offline eq007

•  17 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2013, 01:05:50 PM »
i can later today im at work right now. but i sure will. where can i download older copies of mach??

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2013, 01:43:31 PM »
Thanks, I appreciate it.

ftp://www.machsupport.com/Mach/

Brett

Offline eq007

•  17 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2013, 04:10:22 PM »
Ok the results are in. X worked one time in the version you asked me to try. Z still no love! I did a fresh install in a temp directory and then setup only movement and switches. Y and A still work as expected. I have all the switches ganged to one 5v pin for power all soldered to a #14 solid wire. the other ends are put to the input pins. they are active low. Just incase any of this makes a difference. I'll attach a picture in another post of just the smoothstepper and c25 bob.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2013, 05:17:07 PM »
Ok, the pic was much too large. Can you try again with a smaller oner or lower res.

Brett

Offline eq007

•  17 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2013, 05:27:58 PM »
ok with the ganging all switches are on there own circuit. they all share a single 5v power pin on the c25 bob with the return wire to port 2 pin 10-13. 10 x , 11 a, 12 y, 13 z.  they are mechanical lever switches wired as normally closed.