Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:53:30 PM

Author Topic: Mach 3 showing a rotary file  (Read 3681 times)

Mach 3 showing a rotary file
« on: February 02, 2013, 10:04:10 AM »
  I make my programs up in cambam then process through cncwrapper but when I  run it through mach 3 all I see is a single line moving back and forth in y movement shouldn't I see the round object in the window if so what do the settings have to be in mach 3 in order to see the view I want? Thanks Gary

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
Re: Mach 3 showing a rotary file
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2013, 01:45:52 PM »
You have to turn on the A axis tool pathing. Config/toolpath  Also on the setting page input the A axis diameter to correct the conbined feedrate.

(;-) TP
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2013, 06:58:28 PM »
I dont see that listing there is under another name ?

Offline Greolt

•  956 956
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2013, 10:08:55 PM »
Here is a pic of the Toolpath Configuation dialogue box,

Check "A-Rotations Enabled".   This turns on the toolpath view to show rotary toolpaths.

"Use Radius for Feedrate" check-box turns on the Rotary Axis Feedrate Compensation.

Select which is the axis of rotation.

If you want to see the rotary toolpath displayed, then you must designate the rotary axis as "A".    Mach will not display B or C as a rotary toolpath.

"Rotation Radius" DRO on the settings page is poorly named and is used by the toolpath display as well as the feedrate compensation. 

This must be set to the Z axis origin offset.  If the origin is at the centre of rotation, then the correct value (origin offset) is zero.

Greolt