Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 03:20:01 PM

Author Topic: Copy Cat version upgrade - HELP!!!  (Read 5093 times)

Copy Cat version upgrade - HELP!!!
« on: January 30, 2013, 11:21:39 PM »
Hi there, this is my first post on here, but have been a member for years. It's always been helpful and I've always been able to fix my problems with a little reading. However for the life of me I can't seem to find the answer this time. First I have two milling machines running by Mach 3. One of the mills has been running Mach 2 on a laptop, now I've upgraded to a desktop and I've recently upgraded to Mach 3. On my other mill I've been running Mach 3 for years with New Fangled Solutions addon (licensed). On this machine I have the Copycat addon installed with the probe button on the main screen (Version 1.1). Now to the newly updated machine, I've gotten just about everything the way I want it, however when I load the Copycat screen it doesn't have the probe button (version 1). So there lies my problem. How do I get the latest version of Copycat on to my newly upgraded Mach 3?

First I want to say that I've copied my license data onto the newly updated computer. I tried to copy the Copycat folder and pasted it in the Mach3/Addons folder. Renamed the old file, before I copied the newer version into the Addons folder. No luck, I then Deleted both Copycat files, pasted the newer version of Copycat in the addon folder. No luck. So here are a few of the questions I have?

1) Are the newer NFS addons included in the downloaded Mach 3 from the Mach 3 website. If not were do I get the newer download and how do I install them on my system?

2) Is my NFS License good for more than one computer or do I need to order another license?

3) Is the newer version of Copycat included in the NFS Addon or is it separately downloaded?

4) Just checking, were do I paste the License in the Mach folder?

Well I would like to say thanks in advance for any help I can get here.

Pat

« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 11:29:39 PM by patsgunrepair »

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
Re: Copy Cat version upgrade - HELP!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2013, 06:05:46 AM »
Pat,
Below are links to the manual and Copycat program:

Link to manual for Copycat 1.1
http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,10498.msg65000.html#msg65000
Link to CopyCat 1.1 program
http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,10536.msg65275.html#msg65275

The NFS license can be used on more than one computer. I am not sure what is included in the current NFS addons but the
the updated version for Mach 4 will not include Copycat if i recalll correctly. You can just put your license in the directory
where Mach is installed.

BTW, I use an XBOX 360 with Copycat as it makes for easy use of the program. I will remark that i haven't used the program
in some time now and  would review the manual before using it.

RICH
Re: Copy Cat version upgrade - HELP!!!
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2013, 12:08:02 AM »
Thanks for the response Rich. It is greatly appreciated. I did some comparing between my files and licenses location and found out that I needed to add the license for NFS in the addons folder. It worked like a champ. Thanks again for your help!!!

Pat