Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 11:03:04 AM

Author Topic: brain for safery guards?  (Read 6247 times)

brain for safery guards?
« on: January 27, 2013, 04:50:23 AM »
hi

I have enabled input 1 for safety guards and I have input from safety guard from my cnc.

I need a brain that when I loose input from safety guards mach3 stops everything and alarms.

Have some ideas?

Thank you

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
Re: brain for safery guards?
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2013, 09:20:53 AM »
if that is an Estop condition, then tie it to your Estop input, when mach goes to estop, you see all kinds of flashy things.

to do what you want, in brains.

Input1->noop->Reset  (reset is a termination do button).
If you want bells and whistles than that, you could optionally, set a terminal Uled, that when fired
your Macro code from the macropump would fire.

scott

fun times
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2013, 01:20:17 AM »
thank you a lot!  ;)

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2013, 09:36:03 AM »
MaCh3  has a direct SAFETY input  that you can use. IF you open the circuit Mach3 stops motion.

(;-) TP
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2013, 01:57:08 AM »
Machine safety guardsNumerous industries in the UK, such as construction, engineering, and manufacturing, use machines in order to fulfil a variety of tasks. Although many of these devices have the potential to cause fatal or serious personal injuries, an employer may be able to prevent a machinery accident by ensuring all relevant safety guards are present and in good condition.Safety guards exist in order to prevent machine operators from experiencing harm. Without them, employees could come into contact with parts or other dangerous components, possibly resulting in a variety of injuries. For example, limbs can be pulled into rollers, sharp edges might result in amputation, and any emissions or steam may cause burns or scalds.Although many employers strive to prevent staff members from suffering personal injury, the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) estimates that approximately 40,000 employees are harmed and around 12 die every year due to accidents at work involving machines. The independent watchdog believes that the majority of these incidents could have been avoided if employers had maintained or replaced safety guards.If you have suffered personal injury due to an improperly guarded machine, you may be entitled to claim compensation providing the incident was not your fault.

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2013, 08:07:37 AM »
kvnnos,

I suspect you know this already, but in case you don't. At a very minimum, your E-Stop should be
hard wired to drop all your outputs. If you have air cylinders they should vent on e-stop to De-energize the system. Usually on CNC machines, you have a dual chain e-stop, if you really want to Cadillac put in a safety relay. A CAT 2 type circuit is usually good enough for a CNC machine, but you will need CAT 4 if you have a press or robot (with monitoring), in the U.S.  Don't know about the EU or others...... You can't use a software E-Stop (slight caviot within this last year is some of the "Safety PLC's", that claim they meet the OSHA/NFPA requirements...... wouldn't want to test that liability as of yet). Really your E-Stop circuit (accessory N/C swicth), just notifies Mach that an E-Stop has happened.

IF you machine is large enough to warrant a safety relay, or you have employees running your machine, here are a few choices for an Safety relay, from cheap to expensive, but all do about the same job.

This assumes your machine does not have light curtains (would be very rare on a CNC machine).
the minimum spec on a CAT 4 would be dual chain with monitoring feed back.
(i.e. E-Stop(s) and Door Switch(s)  To go with this, you would need, 2 "Force Guided Relays".
that supply the "Switched" hot for the 24v commons on your outputs from your PLC or what ever.

1). Dold Safety Relay from Automation Direct.
2). Omeron Safety Relay.
3). Allen Bradley Safety Relay.

Scott

fun times