Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 11:08:37 AM

Author Topic: installed a license for mach 3 to run more than 500 lines!  (Read 15745 times)

installed a license for mach 3 to run more than 500 lines!
« on: January 25, 2013, 07:20:40 PM »
hey ron neely here, ive been woodworking for bout 20-25 years, & started with a legacy ornamental mill. but as i have progressed into making custom pens, i purchased a deep groove cr2019 taig mill with the g540 gecko controller, i had someone help me set it up & create some codes to run my spiral pens & 6 sided pens,etc. but due to conflicts i have lost touch with him. i am very green, to put it mildly about cnc? but my main problem is, i just installed a license to try to run some sample v carve pro trials over 500 lines, to get my mill to be more adaptable to my work, but in the install somehow i lost my driver! tried to reinstall but to no avail my motors would not move! so i reinstalled ona newer computer, the 2500 line v carve program ran fine except i had to change the direction of my y axis! but when i try to run my spiral g code programs for my pens, it moves very slow in the x axis & only cuts the blank round instead of 4 starts of spiraling! i have a bd tools indexer for my 4th axis, & before it was set up to cut in degrees. like starting at 90 then spiraling all the way to the end, then it would return to o, & start at 180, then 270 then 360. now it only turns it round very slowly? i tried to access my old computer for the settings but i uninstalled it trying to get my driver back & lost all my pin settings,etc.. i have a licensed version now & installed an xml from deepgroove to set it up, but still not workin right with my 4th axis! now im lost in space? can anyone please help me? thanx ron neely

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: installed a license for mach 3 to run more than 500 lines!
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2013, 05:45:34 AM »
I have not used a 4th axis but if you attach your xml I will have a look at your settings to see if I can find a problem, also a link to your 4th axis so I can see the details would be handy.
Hood
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2013, 07:55:29 PM »
hey thanx for the reply! ok which xml are you asking for? i do not have a link to the 4th axis, since i bout it from ebay & the seller does not have a website or any more listed now! but it is driven by my 4th axis stepper motor which i ordered with my mill from deepgroove, & it has belt drive to the rotary indexer, which was set up to read g codes by degrees not inches! i know there were some settings for my 4th axis that my x friend had me change? but not sure which ones! i tried to load an xml from deepgroove to set up my mill after i reinstalled mach 3 with a license, but didnt have any 4th axis settings for my belt driven indexer to help so nothing changed? heres a link to my mill i bought! http://deepgroove1.com/cncmill.htm  heres some examples of my spiral pens. http://www.pbase.com/rneelypens/spiral_design_pens&page=all
 thanx for you reply & i hope you can help me? thanx ron neely!

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2013, 08:18:47 PM »
If you open Mach you should see the profile name lower right. Close Mach then look in the main Mach3 folder for a file of that name with a xml file extension. Copy it to your desktop and rename to rneelypens.xml then use the additional options on the reply page to attach.

Regarding your 4th axis, will really need to know the gear ratio, if its purely pulley driven then tell me the teeth on both pulleys and that will get it.
Hood
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2013, 08:29:56 PM »
ok emailed the guy at bd tools to get number of teeth since i would have to take it apart to count them, ill let yo know when i get the teeth count! found something on the net which says i should set my a axis to .001 to read in degrees? not sure what to do? but i really appreciate your help! thanx r neely!

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2013, 08:32:31 PM »
Ok when you get the info and attach the xml I will have a look and see if I can figure out your problem.
Sleep time here, its 1:30am :(
Hood
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2013, 08:34:30 PM »
hey no problems, thanx again r neely!
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2013, 02:24:53 PM »
ok the number of teeth on the motor is 18 & the indexer has 36 teeth. i have been trying to attach my xml file but cant get it work! 1 more try? thanx for your help, r neely!
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2013, 02:26:54 PM »
ok try this just reread what u said before!

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2013, 02:45:35 PM »
is it 18 and 36 or 18 and 32 like you said in the pm?
If the former steps per degree would be 11.11111111
If the latter steps per degree would be  9.8765432

Hood