Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 03:46:31 AM

Author Topic: Spindle RPM feedback, not low enough.  (Read 22307 times)

Offline Katoh

•  287 287
    • View Profile
Re: Spindle RPM feedback, not low enough.
« Reply #60 on: February 16, 2013, 10:27:47 PM »
Thanks Peter
If you work it out it be great!
I still have the Bridgeport mill to convert next, once the lathe is running and finished.
Cheers
Katoh
Cheers
Katoh
« Reply #61 on: February 22, 2013, 10:13:34 PM »
Hi Katoh,

OK, I received my sensors and hooked it one up to a MB-02V6, I used pin 10. The doide was connected between 5V (red wire) and 0V(Black wire) with a 390R resistor.

For the output, VCC (white wire) was connected to 5V, Ground (green wire) was connected to 0V, and output(blue)  was connected to pin 10 input terminal.

I connected the oscilloscope to the input pin 10, and there was a very clean signal right through the rpm range. I then connected the oscilloscope to the parallel port input for pin 10 (via the 26pin box header on the board) and the signal was identical, very clean.

Do you have an optivisor or magnifying glass? If so have a look at the resistor packs on the board especially around the idc26 pin box header. Look and see if there are any solder bridges. It's the only thing I can think of that would cause a problem.

Let me know how you go?

Cheers,

Peter.

----------------------------------------------------
Homann Designs
http://www.homanndesigns.com
email: peter at homanndesigns.com

Offline Katoh

•  287 287
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 27, 2013, 12:51:13 AM »
Hi Peter
Sorry for the late response, Work always seems to get in the way of a good project :'(

I could not see an problems with the board, I get the same results through the other board as well, so I don't think the boards to blame here.

Here is a little diagram of the wiring, I tend to read your wiring differently to what I have done.
What do you think?

Cheers
Katoh
Cheers
Katoh

Offline otpco

•  48 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 06, 2013, 09:26:51 PM »
any luck with it yet

Offline Katoh

•  287 287
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 12, 2013, 07:44:22 AM »
Otpco

The only way I can it working is still going back to bypassing the BOB, through the bob things get scrambled, maybe someone will work out why. The signal gets through but Mach goes crazy?

Got the lathe cover built, looks good so far, and then its just a matter to sort the coolant side out. Then I'm off and running.

A small divert from the original thread, just something to do with tooling for the lathes. I made a mistake when I bought my tooling, as all my tooling takes the same insert a dc style but size 07.  I should have spent a little more time and found all the tooling that takes as before the dc inserts but size T3. can't understand it but you can buy top quality brand name inserts in that shape and size on Ebay for near nothing and they are plentiful, where the slightly smaller sized 07 are fewer and at a premium price.
go figure!
Cheers
Katoh
Cheers
Katoh

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 12, 2013, 02:00:11 PM »
The DCMT0702 come up now and again on eBay here but the DCMT11T3 are certainly more common, I am finding however that nearly all inserts appearing on eBay are starting at prices that are getting close or often even higher than I can buy new from a dealer. Not sure what kind of prices you pay down under but here its usually about £30 to £40 for 10 and I have seen crazy starting prices on eBay recently as high as £60 ::)

Hood

Offline Katoh

•  287 287
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 12, 2013, 08:31:59 PM »
Hood
The prices I'm finding here are around $5 for 10 inserts with shipping around the 4-5 dollar mark. Say $10 Au all up that's about 6-7 pounds in your language.
The T3 sizes are quite plentiful but the 07's don't come up around that price very often. The average price is between 40-55 Dollars Au  depending on breed, still a lot cheaper than what your paying.

Katoh
Cheers
Katoh

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 13, 2013, 04:01:17 AM »
Ebay used to be like that here but no more :( Occasionally you will get a good deal but its getting fewer and fewer.

Hood