Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 08:21:52 AM

Author Topic: Trouble With Program  (Read 2951 times)

Trouble With Program
« on: February 01, 2007, 12:01:29 AM »
I am new to this whole thing so please bear with me.  I have finished setting up my sieg x3 with the cncfusion kit and all the other necessary hardware with the exception of limit and home switches.  I am now trying to use the mill to machine the mounts for the switches.  To home the machine temporarily i wired up some switches and press them when the machine reaches its home travel.  It works okay because i will then press the soft limit switch in Mach and the mill wont go past the soft home.  The problem I am running into is this.  I designed the part in Mastercam, Its very basic and very small, roughly 2*2 inches. I am using the default mill/generic mill for my machine type.  When I import the nc file into Mach i get a giant red box with red lines leading to the part.  The part will not go onto my machine table in the toolpath view in Mach regardless of how I position the table and click regen toolpath.  When I try to run the program the machine will soft home itself and then it will ask for the tool change, i click continue cycle (since i wanted to demo it first on the machine i just have a pen mounted), and next it immediately says "softlimits switch thrown" or something to that effect.  I am including the file so if i am doing something wrong in that yall can look at it and tell me.

Offline DAlgie

•  314 314
    • View Profile
    • Algie Composite Aircraft
Re: Trouble With Program
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2007, 01:08:58 AM »
Is your part drawn in Mastercam using the world coordinate zero, or is it possibly drawn far away from the world X Y zero that the mill can't travel that far and Mach goes into out of limits?

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
Re: Trouble With Program
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2007, 01:34:50 AM »
Hi, pzzamakr

Your G-code had a G92 x10 y10 y10 which I put a note on, Remarked it out about 5 lines down.

It runs hear I don't hane your tool data.

Dry run it,

It needs more editing I would think.

Hope this Helps, Chip