Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 12:41:46 PM

Author Topic: Homing Procedure Reversed. Need help  (Read 6958 times)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Homing Procedure Reversed. Need help
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2013, 09:18:13 PM »
Ok just reread your first post, M1 is the X axis so you seem to have your pins muddled.
Hood
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2013, 09:26:37 PM »
I'm using a CRP4848 so I am calling my X-axis as the axis front to back of the machine. The Y-axis is the gantry axis. Supposedly, the gantry axis is the X and the front to back axis is the Y. In my first post, I refer to the gantry axis as the Y-axis but it is really the X-axis. Therefore, my pins seem to be correct right?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2013, 09:29:04 PM »
Your pins are correct if the LEDs light when you activate the switches on the axis that is moving.
Hood
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2013, 09:29:42 PM »
But when I click ref home, my X-axis (gantry axis) moves first, then the Y-axis (front to back axis). Isn't the default homing sequence is Z, Y, then X? That means the gantry X-axis must be the last one to home?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2013, 09:35:23 PM »
Default is Z then Y then X but you can have it any way you wish by altering the VB in the RefAll button.

Just to go back to the previous post, I will explain a bit better.
If you jog the X and Mach changes the DROs for the X then when you press a limit the M1 LEDs should light up, if its the M2 then you have the pins assigned the wrong way round.

Also you dont have any switches set for Z so it will not physically move when you press RefAll, it will just set whatever position you are at as machine Home.
Hood
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2013, 09:39:08 PM »
I think I figured out the problem here. I should just plug the motors for the front and back axis to Y and A and assign A as a slave axis for Y. That way, it will follow the homing sequence as Z, Y, then X.