Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 03:25:23 PM

Author Topic: Re: Home & Limit switches  (Read 1675 times)

Re: Home & Limit switches
« on: March 06, 2018, 07:07:36 AM »
 By the way my 6040 is a USB machine
« Last Edit: March 11, 2018, 08:57:13 AM by Tweakie.CNC »
Re: Home and limit switches
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2018, 08:29:10 AM »
I have a 6040 engraving machine it came without limit switch and I have been using it like this for the last three years without any problem I decided to put limit switches on it so that I could home the machine for a reference point I have put all my limit switches on the machine and connected them to the controller
I am able to home Z axis in the right direction and Y axis in the right direction.
The X axis is giving me a problem if I get the X to home in the right direction it will not pull away from the microswitch it stops momentarily then moves on a small amount before stopping if I get the X moving away from the home in the opposite direction I can get it to bounce away from the microswitch then reverse it and it works but now X is in reverse as if it’s been flipped no matter what settings I do I cannot get it reversed back without messing up the homing
Hotkey does not seem to help changing polarity does not help I’m sure there is something simple I am missing out on
As I look at the front of the machine I am trying to get the X to home to my left and from left to right count positive originally when I first got the machine I had the problem where if I press the arrow to the left it would move to the right and vice versa after messing about with the settings I manage to get it to go in the right Direction
I had no limit switches so it did not affect me
Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: Home & Limit switches
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2018, 09:00:17 AM »
Hopefully I have put your posts into the right place.  ;)

Tweakie.
PEACE