Hello Guest it is March 18, 2024, 10:02:18 PM

Author Topic: HELP NEEDED URGENT  (Read 3080 times)

HELP NEEDED URGENT
« on: January 15, 2013, 07:46:27 AM »
I have bought and assembled a driver unit with onboard regulated power supply for Nema 24 motors.

System4c unit info :

http://www.diycnc.co.uk/SYS4C.pdf
http://diycnc.co.uk/html/wiring.html

I have it all wired up and assembled, it should be plug in and play.
My mach3 is working fine and I am able to jog.

My issue is that when I want to test the jog on my motors, i plug my system into the PC using the PC port.
Change my motor output pins as suggested in the unit manual but NOTHING is happening. The DRO's still change but my motors are silent and still.

I'm really at a loss as to what the problem is. PLEASE HELP.

See my mach3 settings here

What am I doing wrong?
Re: HELP NEEDED URGENT
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2013, 11:24:41 AM »
From that pdf

The System4C board uses a 12 KHz charge pump signal from the controlling software to operate the
enable line on all four driver circuits. This signal uses pin1 from the parallel port for its input and must
be setup in your software configuration. When the signal is present the red enable light will illuminate
showing that the board is active.

so is it illuminated?

John

ps, just a thought, Oh, and do the motors lockup?
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 11:26:26 AM by woodspinner »
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2013, 11:30:49 AM »
The red light is not lit and the motors do not lock , though it does light briefly when the i switch on the system, and the motors are active for like a second.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,194 9,194
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2013, 12:20:32 PM »
Hi Peter,

I appreciate that you are new to the forum but it is not productive, or indeed polite to start more than one thread relating to the same topic.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2013, 12:37:40 PM »
I apologise.

I had thought that as my previous thread was posted yesterday, that it would soon not be visible to most users whom may of had this issue before so posted it again.
I am sorry. I am very grateful for all the advise and support this community has offered me.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2013, 02:07:52 PM »
In future if you have not had a reply give it a few days then simply add a reply with the word Bump and it will move back up the forum and people will realise you are still needing help :)
Hood