Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 06:31:09 PM

Author Topic: Com errors can't run offline?  (Read 2562 times)

Com errors can't run offline?
« on: January 12, 2013, 01:48:26 PM »
Ok here we have another new kid on the block so hello and thanks for having me.

To get the hang of things I have tried to run some code offline but I keep getting smoothstepper USB com error so mach just stalls. Maybe i am wrong but I assume offline will run simulation no controller or machine connected...correct?

When connected all runs great but if I pull the laptop from the system its all errors. Running the latest SS driver and plugin just not sure if its a SS or mach3 problem.

Thanks, cutfast

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Com errors can't run offline?
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2013, 02:14:45 PM »
Offline is really meant (In SS case) to stop any true motion commands being output whilst the SS is connected. I use it as a kind of safety device as my workshop has lots of people in and out all the time who could accidentally move a MPG or whatever. The reason I use it over the E-Stop as it allows me to keep the drives enabled.

If you want to just run a simulation you would have to open a profile and choose the parallel port or No Device (if no driver is loaded)

Hood
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2013, 05:20:49 PM »
Thanks Hood!

So offline is not for "working" offline as I thought and has nothing to do with being connected or disconnected from the controller.

Yes, will setup a secondary profile using PP as recommended.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2013, 05:50:37 PM »
Offline as far as the Smoothstepper is concerned means it will not output anything to axis. If you jog when offline the DROs will move but no axis will move. As soon as you go online again the DROs will go back to where they were originally and the SS will output any jogs or commands yo make.

Hood