Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:26:58 PM

Author Topic: Run From Here Z DRO trouble  (Read 2969 times)

Run From Here Z DRO trouble
« on: January 11, 2013, 06:29:26 PM »
When we do a "run from here" move in Mach3 our X and Y DROs stay the same and we get the prompt from Mach to make an initial move before running, but our Z DRO changes drastically and messes with the height.  The last run we did was of a batch of 8 flanges and we stopped (not feedhold that hasn't worked for us) within the 4th flange (we stopped right after the M05 line) and when we hit the "run from here" it changed the Z DRO to around -3 and some decimal points, so we basically had to re-zero the Z before we could continue with the cut.  Has anyone come across this before and/or know a way to fix it?  Your help is appreciated.  Thank you.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Run From Here Z DRO trouble
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2013, 07:46:50 PM »
RFH has always worked fine for me but I am wondering if you are using Plasma (just a guess with your user name)
If you are then maybe Terry will pop in and say something as he uses plasma a lot.
If it is not plasma then attach your xml and code and I or someone else may be able to find the problem.
Hood

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2013, 11:08:52 PM »
IF you are using a floating z and the Gcode to go along with it you cannot use Run From Here. You can use set next line to restart  after a M5 . I restart form the line where it raises the Z for a rapid move to the next start point before the next pierce.

OR use set next line before the restart point and do a manual torch start as you approach the point to start the torch.

NOW if you run the Gcode for the floating head as a MACRO call THEN you can use run from here as normal.

(;-) TP
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2013, 11:31:14 AM »
Thank you for your inputs.  Yes, we are using a floating z with plasma, scribe and we also have a third holder to eventually have an oxy-fuel.  We've not done anything with Macros yet.  Is there a manual about them that you could point me to?