Hello Guest it is April 17, 2024, 09:51:34 PM

Author Topic: ProfiBus, controlnet or devicenet support ?  (Read 9677 times)

Offline efrem

•  12 12
    • View Profile
ProfiBus, controlnet or devicenet support ?
« on: January 30, 2007, 10:39:06 PM »
Does mach3 support thoses industrials networks with a plugin ?
Re: ProfiBus, controlnet or devicenet support ?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2007, 09:55:26 AM »
No not at this time... it is on the list but that is a VERY long list :(
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2007, 07:17:19 AM »
It it possible today.

You just connect a Communicator or X-gateway to Mach3:
Communicator:  http://www.anybus.com/products/abc.shtml
X-Gateway (Profibus Master) : http://www.anybus.com/products/products.asp?PID=140&ProdType=Anybus%20X-gateway

No, I have not tried it yet, but I will very soon try to connect the last one mentioned.
The Communicator is the cheapest, but you may need an X-Gateway, depending on whether you need Master functionality on the fieldbus.

Disclaimer: Yes, I sell these devices.
But I felt it correct to write this as they will solve your problem.

Regards
Einar S
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2007, 07:44:09 AM »
That will make the comuter talk on the network but Mach3 will not send the movment data over the Comport becasue there is not a plugin for that at this time :( I have a plugin started that will send the movment data over the comport but just have not had the extra time needed to work on it.

Thank you and looks like they will work once the plugin is done :)
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2007, 11:23:18 AM »
I did not think it was for transferring movement data.

It will not work for controlling the servo/stepper motors. There is a delay in the translators, and anyway those fieldbusses are not considered fast enough to do this. The only I can think of that is suitable for that is SERCOS, and then only using a SERCOS board in the PC.

But the communicators/gateways should work fine for PLC data like turning on/off suds pump(s), setting spindle speed, reading pendants, setting DRO's, talking to toolchangers and other non time critical funtions.

I might use PROFIBUS also for limit switches even if the realtime demands are higher. But then I know that bus inside out, and have the tools to verify looptimes and check everything thoroughly. I would not try that without.

If you need help in testing and/or verifying a PROFIBUS implementation for Mach3, call on me. I have the best tools available for that, and experience in using them.

Regards
Einar S
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2007, 02:38:50 PM »
Einar,
   Did you do any testing or implementation with ProfiBus? I have a test rack with Siemens soft plc (WinAC V4.0) residing with Mack.  I’m having mixed results (well actually repeatable results) where whenever the Mack driver is started with the ProfiBus running the bus / periphery image I/O slows to approx 1/20 of the bus cycle time,  however the cpu cycle time stays the same. I have spoken to Art and there is no T.S.R.’s from Mack (and I have verified this). We think its due to the time base being alterd via Mack and not resetting after Mack is closed (it’s either a ProfiBus driver issue or a windows issue)
Any input would be appreciated.

Mark in the U.S.A.