Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:58:54 AM

Author Topic: installed new license but steppers not moving?  (Read 5053 times)

installed new license but steppers not moving?
« on: January 09, 2013, 07:37:58 PM »
I have been using the trial for about a year & had help to get started setting it all up & its has been working without any problems since i only run manually or use g codes with about 100 lines or less! i have gecko 2019cr taig cnc mill, & i tried to run a demo program from v carve & it stopped at line 499- so i purchased a license & now everything shows to be loaded, the screen shows my motors moving, but they are not working! they are locking up but will not move! the only thing i did was remove a mach license text file which i thought was the license file i got from an old machine i had bought from a friend before i got this machine, do i need the license text file to make my steppers move? thanx ron neely

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: installed new license but steppers not moving?
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2013, 03:21:22 AM »
Hi Ron,

The file 'License.txt' is just an information file and removing it will make no difference to the operation of Mach3 so it looks like you have inadvertently done something else.

Perhaps re-installing Mach3 may solve the problem.

(It may be a good idea to make a back-up copy of your existing Mach3 folder and save it somewhere safe in case you need to retrieve any data at a later stage).

Tweakie.
PEACE

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2013, 07:30:10 PM »
Perhaps you deleted the XML configuration file?

Just a thought, (;-) TP
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2013, 08:14:16 PM »
ok been trying to contact scott nichols with mach 3 but anyway i found my charge pump was not set on pin 16 anymore, & checkt my bios for epp,it was ok, but still have no motor movement! guess i need to reinstall???????? i hava g540 gecko & a taig cr2019, was working fine before i tried to run a vcarve trial 3-4 times & it shut down- hasnt moved since! only unistalled the license text file! reinstalled it also but like u said not the problem! bout my luck? lol! thanx r neely! >:(
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2013, 08:36:13 PM »
try restoring one of the backup xml s
John
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2013, 08:38:43 PM »
how or where r they? :)
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2013, 09:57:34 PM »
they should be in

C:\Mach3\xmlbackups
look at the dates and try the most recent known working.
you will have to change the extension of the one you choose to .xml and move it to C:\Mach3 .

Never a bad idea to copy the entire Mach3 folder recursively to another location for safekeeping.

John
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 09:59:52 PM by woodspinner »
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2013, 01:24:22 PM »
hey just checked & my driver is missing somehow? it wont let me change or update it since this was my sons old computer & he doesnt remember his admin passwords! now what?
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2013, 03:25:30 PM »
never mind reinstalled on another computer & got it working now! thanx ron neely!