Hello Guest it is April 26, 2024, 03:40:11 AM

Author Topic: po56u and poextbus problem  (Read 3841 times)

po56u and poextbus problem
« on: January 08, 2013, 03:07:11 PM »
i have a problem with the extbus device.
i have an output connected to a relay module (24v relay) and this switches a contactor but no (coolant) motor connected as yet
now on switching on using either keyboard or external button - sometimes it works but most times relay twitches off then on again- or vice versa- only sometimes staying in the correct state as shown on the mach screen.
the relay is well within current limits of the extbus and i cant see how this would affect the load on the bus.

Offline NeoTO

•  504 504
    • View Profile
    • PoLabs
Re: po56u and poextbus problem
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2013, 03:30:31 PM »
Hi, Alan

How is the output board connected to PoKeys? Switching higher loads produces current spikes that can produce noise on other devices in vicinity. If wiring between PoKeys and PoExtBusRE board (and the board's power supply) is not properly shielded, spikes can cause the outputs to toggle.
www.poscope.com home of PoKeys USB HID, IO, USB, Ethernet controler and PoScope USB PC oscilloscope
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2013, 04:05:18 PM »
hi
i am just using the short ribbon cable as supplied betwen the pokeys and poextbus and no shielding to the 24v supplys to and from the relay module. i have noticed that the small capacitor on the underside of the poextbus is not present- dont know if that matters?
the usb cable is a good quality shielded type

i may try disconnecting the contactor and see if that makes a difference....

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2013, 04:06:49 PM »
also it is the open collector (poextbus) and not the poextbusre
thanks
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2013, 05:57:53 PM »
well disconnected the contactor and all is ok now!
so may have to change  the wiring around and see how that goes!
thanks for your help.