Hello Guest it is April 17, 2024, 11:18:11 PM

Author Topic: help  (Read 3066 times)

help
« on: January 07, 2013, 04:25:17 AM »
My setup is like this.
1 motor & driver for x
2 motors & drivers for y
My problem is I can only get the slaved motor and driver in y axis to move.
When I switch drivers still only slaved one will move. Same happens when I switch motors.
Only the opposite motor will work which is still the slaved one.
Something else funny, the x axis always works fine no matter what step and dir pin I use in software. For example I have x set physically on pins 6 for step & 7 for dir. It will still move no matter what pin configuration I use in Mach. This is my third build and have never encountered this before. I have checked and re-checked all my connections, wires, motors, drivers, etc. Every thing checks-out. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: help
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2013, 05:45:42 AM »
Attach your xml please.
Hood
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2013, 07:42:01 AM »
What is that and how do I do it. ???
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2013, 07:43:26 AM »
Oh and thanks for the reply. :P

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2013, 07:50:57 AM »
It is the file that contains your settings.
Open Mach and look lower right at the profile name. Close Mach then look on your hard drive in the main Mach3 folder for a file of that name with a xml file extension. Copy it to your desktop and rename to dbarr.xml then use the additional options button on the reply page to attach it to the forum.
Hood
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2013, 08:47:11 PM »
HI Guy's,
My name is Dave in Wentzville, Mo. USA. I am 63, an old retired/disability engineer (telephone) and been playing with a 4x4 CNC Plasma Cutter set-up I bought off E-Bay and it was Supposed to be READY TO RUN. Well I can't get any help from the S*B I bought it from. I don't know a lot about this stuff but have run a Water Jet (CALYPSO HAMMERHEAD) and have some Idea of what goes on. My problems are with the Mach3, The computer that came with the Plasma set-up was a Refurb Unit and it does not boot up right all the time and I lost all of the Settings that was in Mach before I could figure out what all needed to be saved. Like I said before I can't get any help out of the Jerk I bought it from. I have a Dell Optiplex GX620 that I was going to try and build up as a good computer as the Lenovo that came with the plasma is Junk. When I load all of the PINOUT INFORMATION and add the Torch Hieght Controls I don't get the First 3 Port PINOUT State lights to light up like they do on the Lenovo. I don't understand all of this stuff and have went through the Manual page by page to set-up things and I have the computer set as ECP I think is what Mach wanted the BIOS set at. After I get that part figured out WITH SOMEONES HELP, I need to move on to the Table Limits set-up as I have added Home/Limit switches and got them to work, But can not get a PROGRAM TO RUN. HELP PLEASE, I have fought this for 5-6 month's now and would just like to get it working. I can be called anytime as I am on Disability and home all the time at 636-262-4260. THANKS GUY'S, I know there is someone out there that can get me going. A call is better than the Forum as I don't know how to navigate through them either.