Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 02:04:31 PM

Author Topic: z axis moves a lot when i just touch the jog  (Read 6084 times)

z axis moves a lot when i just touch the jog
« on: January 06, 2013, 06:33:51 PM »
I have been using Mach for over 6 months and had no problems. One day the z axis desides to move say an inch or so when I just tap the jog button and will not stop when I try to tap it again until about an inch. I have ruend two bits because of it. I've tryed looking around for settings but found nothing. Can anyone help me get it back to the way it was. It also moves like this when I run codes too, not just joging. Thank you for some help on this.

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
Re: z axis moves a lot when i just touch the jog
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2013, 06:59:26 PM »
There are additional settings associated with jogging in the flyout. Have you tried them? ie; Continous , step, setting a different jog step are just a few.....

Attach your xml file.

RICH

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2013, 07:01:12 PM »
If it was just jogging then it sounds  like you are in Step Jog mode and have an increment of 1 inch set, alter that from the tab screen, set to continuous jog and see if it helps.
If not attach your xml, also look on the diagnostics screen and see what Time in Int says and also frequency..
Hood

Edit, Rich got there first ;D
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2013, 12:26:45 AM »
Thank you for your suggestions. My computer died on me, but I just got it fixed and getting ready to set it all up again out in the garage. I'm not to knowledgeable about computers, but what is a XML file. I did try all the different settings on fly out and none worked. It was happening on both jog and every gcode that I ran. I have not checked the diagnostics yet but when I get some time to set it up, that will be the first thing I check. Thank you I will let you know.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2013, 03:03:10 AM »
It may well have been the computer causing the problems if it has died on you, maybe it was on its way out and thus causing the problems.

The xml is the file that holds your config settings and has the name of the profile you use and a xml file extension.
Hood
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2013, 10:42:21 PM »
I was wrong about the problem being in the g-codes. I thought it was but no its just when I jog. I checked the diagnostics but I'm not sure what I'm looking for and what to  do with the frequincy and time in int. That keeps flickering from 6 to 7. I'm still stuck on this.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2013, 04:27:03 AM »
Press the Tab key on your keyboard and you will get the flyout screen as in pic below. Press the Jog mode button until its on Continuous as in pic. I think you must have it on Step and also you have the step increment set at 1, ie each time you press the Jog key it will move 1 inch.
Hood
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 04:30:34 AM by Hood »
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2013, 08:52:54 AM »
I have it at that setting. If its set at one inch somewhere , where is that located so I can set it to zero.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2013, 09:00:37 AM »
If its on Continuous then the Inch increment  will not matter as its only active in Step mode.
Attach your xml and I will take a look at it.
Hood
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2013, 09:12:27 AM »
OK I will tonight