Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 01:51:13 PM

Author Topic: How do I install CAM post processors  (Read 2620 times)

How do I install CAM post processors
« on: January 04, 2013, 01:13:28 AM »
Hi,
   So I'm very new to milling.  I milled my first pocket ever with the wizard tonight into some wood.   ;D  I'm wondering about how to move eventually to using CAD/CAM.  I found this page:

http://www.machsupport.com/posts.php

And would like to try out the bobCAD demo.  But I don't see what to do with the Bobcad_post.zip.  I looked at the mach3 install pdf and the manual pdf.  I don't see any info on it but maybe I just missed it?

Also, side question, how do I purchase (and install) the "Mach3 Addons for Mill"  I don't see any link in the artsoft website.
Re: How do I install CAM post processors
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2013, 01:25:09 AM »
Ah, I see the add on wizards only work with the official version.  So I just purchased my full version of both tonight.  So I should be good there.  I assume I'll be able to figure out that install (I hope) 

But I still need help with what to do with the bobcad_post.zip.  Thanks!

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2013, 02:59:15 AM »
The BobCAD post processor will be used by BobCAD and really has nothing to do with Mach. What it is for is so that BobCAD produces code that is compatible with Mach. There will be a folder in your BobCAD install that holds Post Processors and you will choose which to use when you are producing code in BobCAD.
Hood
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2013, 03:41:27 PM »
So just to follow up, I eventually went with MeshCam.  I've demo'ed it and so far anyway it's just what I was looking for, in the price range I was looking for.