Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:17:31 PM

Author Topic: Mach3 Baldor MicroFlex drive  (Read 5584 times)

Mach3 Baldor MicroFlex drive
« on: January 02, 2013, 10:01:24 AM »
Need help, can anyone help me interface my 4th axis baldor microflex drive with mach3,
I know i need to use the pulse and direction signals, but I need it to talk to mach3

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
Re: Mach3 Baldor MicroFlex drive
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2013, 07:35:33 PM »
Post the drive manual or a link which will take one directly to the exact model drive you have.

How will the 4th axis be used? ie; an indexer along with the mill

RICH
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2013, 07:03:06 PM »
My drive is a Baldor FMH2A06TR-EN23, here is a link http://www.baldor.com/products/motioncontrol/microflex.asp
I use it like a cnc lathe attachment but want to use it as a full 4th axis on my mill

Offline tmead

•  62 62
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2013, 12:28:30 PM »
Did you get this to work ? I have a bunch of these drives stored at work from a previous project that didn't ship, and have a possible project using Mach3 as a control system for a piece of bespoke equipment.

The drive manual seems to indicates that you have to connect to the drive using Baldor's mint workbench software and configure the drive to effectively 'follow' the pulse train on a digital input by setting the drive up using the mint keywords. I've read conflicting info on this, some versions of the microflex manual indicate the drive can do step/dir, and some say it can't.

The drives have been around a good few years now, and Baldor's helpdesk have been really good in the UK on a recent project with these drives (not Mach3 based).
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2013, 01:56:43 PM »
I have a friend that says he has it working, will be trying to update mine soon. I will keep you posted