Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:34:09 PM

Author Topic: All Stop  (Read 4566 times)

All Stop
« on: January 02, 2013, 09:03:08 AM »
Hi Everyone.  Need a little help on this one.  Is there a way to after a job has finished, for the machine to move the router to a pre-designated part on the table, lift the z up to the top and perform an emergency stop (to stop the router.  I have the router wired into the the emergecny stop pins) all by itself?

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: All Stop
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2013, 11:18:35 AM »
In Config / General Config you can check E-Stop on M30 then include M30 at the end of your GCode program to preform the E-Stop.
I have never used it but G28.1 included before the M30 should home the machine to your pre-set positions (section 5.6.1 in the manual refers to setting home/soft limits).

Tweakie.
PEACE

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2013, 12:25:54 PM »
IF you just want to MOVE to the  presets then use

g28

g28.1 will perform the homing sequence

OR use G30

Just depends on where you need to go.

(;-)TP

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2013, 02:34:33 PM »
Are you still using a pirate licence?
Hood

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2013, 02:48:32 PM »
DANG someone needs to put up a list of pirate license and users. I am not interested in helping anyone using one.

(;-) TP
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2013, 03:13:19 PM »
I am not.  I removed the file so i am operatling in demo mode.  I am ordering a fresh copy this week. 

Just so we are clear and that it is known to EVERYONE READING MY POSTS, i was sent a cnc (that was broke and i am suing the company for) with a pirated version of mach3.  i already made the licensing dept at machsupport know of the issue with the pirated copy.

It was not and is not my intent to use pirated software.  It is however what i was sent from the company i purchased it from.  i have already been in contact with the appropriate people at mach support to report this person and company.

Help me/dont help me.  your choice.  i know i did the right thing by contacting the licensing support dept and by purchasing a legit copy.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2013, 03:50:47 PM »
Well hope you get sorted out with the guy and glad you did delete the pirate licence.
Demo will get you doing most things.
Hood
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2013, 08:49:34 AM »
Ok, that works, but my router doesnt turn off through the estop, only through the HARD estop button.  What do i need to purchase to get mach 3 to start and stop the router??

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2013, 09:10:01 AM »
Are you saying the router, ie spindle, is turned on and off with the E-Stop. That is quite a dangerous way for things to be setup.
You would be much better getting a suitable relay to switch it on and off and operate the coil of the relay from Machs spindle output. You could also still wire this through an E-Stop but at least when you pulled the E-Stop out the spindle wouldnt automatically start, if indeed that was what you were meaning.
Hood
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2013, 11:16:55 AM »
no no no.  I have an estop box that has an on off switch form my router.  the on/off switch controls the router, the estop button not only relays back to mach 3 to ALL STOP, it also stops the router at the same time.  this way ALL motion is stopped with the HARD estop button is pushed.  What i am looking for i guess is a device that would control the on/off of the router through mach 3.  this way the router starts when the job starts and stops when it is finished.  Currently, i have to hit start in mach 3, wait a second or two as the Z axis lifts, then i push the on button to start the router.  When the job is done, i have to hit the off button on the router.