Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:45:48 AM

Author Topic: New years resolution  (Read 11615 times)

Re: New years resolution
« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2013, 03:17:40 AM »
I am a newbie and very green. I never thought of most of this. I will try to do better but I have no idea what questions will be ask or what information you might need.

I understand exactly the newbie syndrome. BUT the way to be an expert is first RTFM and then supply what info you have so at least we know you are using mach3 (;-). That is not too much to ask

There was no manual supplied with my ShopMaster and the manual for the VFD was the wrong model. If it wasn't for help that machine would be on E-Bay and I wouldlick my wounds. I can't say enough how I am indebted to you guys for thehelp

Offline olf20

•  325 325
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2013, 06:24:58 PM »
I agree with Johnny RTFM.
I started my project 6 or seven years ago. I download Mach and played with it on a computer.
I read the forum, and the manual. I used the brains of the suppliers of my parts, Gecko, stepper motor supplier,
Bob supplier, and finally here. I got 90% to the finish line and used the talent here to get to 98%.
I don't think I will ever get to 100% but I enjoy my machine and more over the challenge it has given
me.
I have a fair bit of experience in electronics, and mechanical work, so that was a big plus.
I think many are over their head from the software setup, and electronics, but have great talent
in the design and vision of the end product. All of which is a good thing.
I think a questionaire on some basic information is much needed and would help the
forum members to guide individuals to success.
I visit other forums for various processes and all have dumb (no ofense intended) questions asked.

I love this place and hope I can help people solve some of their problems like other have helped me.
Just my two cents.
olf20 / Bob
Mach3, Atlas Knee Mill, 4th Axis, VcarvePro, ESS, Super PID.
Been Heating with corn since 1998

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2013, 08:28:41 PM »
BOB that is the very spirit of the MachSupport Forum (;-)  From Unknowing to learning to helping others.

(;-) TP