Hello Guest it is April 17, 2024, 09:29:48 PM

Author Topic: Run from here returns to 0,0,0 sometimes  (Read 2048 times)

Run from here returns to 0,0,0 sometimes
« on: December 30, 2012, 08:18:37 PM »
Occasionally Run from Here will return to 0,0,0 (not in the code, just moves to the origin; the DRO shows it; the Code Window holds on the line it's supposed to be going to) then return to the line selected, then continue on.

Doing a feed hold, then full stop.
Rewind to beginning
using go to line number to select the line
hitting run from here
then letting it go to the Preparation Positioning

I've done this exact sequence about 50 times, and about 10 times it returned to zero; the other times it ran as expected.

I've been running hundreds of jobs with previous versions over 10 years; this only happens with the latest stable version; R3.043.066 I installed today.

Was using 1.84 for years; the past year or so running 2.48. I recall versions previous to 1.84 doing this.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong? Or is this a known issue?
« Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 08:20:54 PM by ajawamnet »
Re: Run from here returns to 0,0,0 sometimes- MAYBE SOLVED
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2012, 09:56:13 PM »
I think I figured out what's up..

Recall I do a full stop. So the spindle stops.

I noticed when I do a Run From Here, it asks to do the prep move and TURN On the SPINDLE (BTW thanks Brian for fixing it to move to safe z FIRST - Awesome!!!).

So I hit OK....

IF I hit the CYCLE START before the DWELL is finished, it does the 0,0,0 move then moves back to where it should be.

I'm wondering how many people have given Run From Here a bad rap because of this?

I Just tested hitting CYCLE START before the DWELL completed, everytime it did the 0,0,0 move.

So far, everytime I wait for DWELL to stop, it performs flawlessly. I'll see how it goes and if I'm just crazy by about now...